- Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
This position provides clerical, communication and administrative support to a dialysis facility and work as a certified dialysis technician when necessary.
- Employment Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required; medical secretary experience a plus
- Current Dialysis Technician must have Maryland CNA-DT Certification and National Certification program by a national commercially available certification program required pre these guidelines:
- Demonstrated completions of all applicable state requirements for education training, credentialing, competency, standard of practice, certification, and licensure in the state Maryland employed as a dialysis technician required.
- Current CPR certification required
- Minimum of one year's experience in a related administrative position in a medical setting (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated abilities in basic clerical skills, filing (numeric and alpha) and all office machines
- Minimum typing speed of 55 wpm required; 60-75 wpm preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office products and Outlook) including medical electronic record system
- Knowledge of medical charting, insurance and authorization process preferred
- 3-5 years of Medical or Administrative Assistant experience
- 2 - 5 years of dialysis experience
- Dialysis or healthcare experience
- Essential Job Functions
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Filing, typing and other clerical duties as directed by Director, Clinical Nurse Manager, and other core clinical staff
- Assist other staff as assigned by Dialysis Administrator or Clinical Nurse Manager
- Answer phones, screen calls, take and deliver messages and place calls as directed or necessary
- Accurately maintain and update Patient activity reports, medical record audits, and other reports
- Verify patient insurances; obtain authorizations, forward copies of forms to required departments or personnel.
- Arrange patient transportation as needed and assist with physician appointments for patient
- Complete patient activity and treatments' logs
- Prepare patient charts and enter patient data on all new admissions
- Obtain new patient referral documentation
- Maintain accurate accounting of all stock items kept in the facility to include office supplies (may work in conjunction with inventory staff members)
- Maintain supply of patient and staff members forms
- Proactively monitor and provide information for ordering supplies
- Receive shipments, research back-ordered items, distribute purchase order as required and completes the order process
- Amend and correct billing/credit problems and retain copy of all incoming invoices or checks.
- Ensures all checks are deposited and copies forward to billing group daily.
- Comply with Cadia Healthcare policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations for patient care and services (CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, or other governing agencies)
- Set up and monitor dialysis machines and systems
- ' Monitor dialysis machines and RO water system for correct functioning, respond
To visual and audible alarms and make appropriate adjustments before, during
and after the dialysis treatment
- Dismantle, clean, and disinfect dialysis machines and equipment according to Bon Secours procedures.
Quality of continue care
- Complete treatment record after each treatment according to Cadia Healthcare policy and procedures
- Proactively review and report inventories and supply shortages to Clinical Nurse Manager and Dialysis Administrator.
- Know and comply with Cadia Healthcare policy and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations for patient care and services (CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, and other governing agencies)
- Comply with state or federal regulations of the Injury Prevention and Safety Training Program
- Read, understand and follow Cadia Healthcare patient and staff member policies and procedures including but not limited to all HIPAA requirements
- Gather data for QAPI and ensure completeness
- Knowledge of facility emergency plans and ability to act swiftly, confidently in an emergency
- Familiarity with Cadia Healthcare impacting staffing members (including but not limited to: Long-term Care/ Rehab Services activity, Tuition Reimbursement, Education requirements)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, quality improvement meetings, educational activities, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow employee guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Full-time employees are eligible for below benefits (subjected to different waiting periods)
Employer paid life insurance
Employer paid long-term disability insurance
401K retirement plan with employer match
Hotel discount for Onix Group owned hotels