E-gsi - SKYLIGHT MANUFACTURING GROUP is seeking skilled Detailers to join our drafting team in GRAYSLAKE, IL. OFFICE 847-223-445 CELL PHONE INTERVIEW 224-544-0114
Skill Set /Background Experience we are looking for.
- Have 2 years of cad drafting experience in construction market for windows, doors, skylights, glass railings, custom glazed systems,
- Skilled in Auto-cad with possible background in Rivet, Solid Works or related cad software for design, submittal and manufacturing drawings.
- Experience in developing specifications and project estimates that meet IBC code requirements.
- Specify material, hardware, glazing to be used as selected by the approving project manager.
- Work with G.C. and provide product per contract and specifications in accordance with customer requirements and manufacturing standards.
- Create schedules using established estimating time line requirements estimated. .
- Create inventory requirements for hardware and develop pull sheets for the project required from inventory and develop purchase orders for materials.
- Prepare layouts and scaled drawings for submittals and approvals as required by contract .
- Archive completed projects and perform all relevant administration functions for job costing.
- Input data for each project to track the jobs progress to the project schedule. .
- Communicate frequently with project team members to update the job progress or make design changes.
Daily work schedule requires:
- The ability to work independently to originate drawings based on limited information, providing workable solutions to highly imaginative design challenges.
- The knowledge to create drawings following established company standards, details and progress guidelines to meet scheduled objectives.
- Proficiency in developing shop drawings and detailed setup drawings for production in the shop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of drafting, engineering, building techniques, mathematics and mechanical aptitude to work with contractors.
- Ability to value engineer, perform self-directed product research and propose different methods of construction while meeting design intent and budget/time restrictions.
- Be a working team member and open to helping other team members in the learning process.
- Must live in the area of Lake County , Il. 60030 or within a RESSONABLE DRIVING DISTANCE. ( Please no applications needing a Visa.approval.)
- We will provide training for creating our systems that will insure you have the required skills for design development, function and quality control objectives to grow in your position.
- Interested persons may review our product line at. gsiskylingts.com www. E-gsiskylights.com
- If you have experience in web site development we are upgrading our site with new details and specifications to show our 15 new product lines. This would not be a requirement for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour
- CONSTRUCTION RELATED AD: 2 years (Required)
- Drafting: 2 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Required)
- Grayslake, IL 60030 (Preferred)
- 1ST. ENGLISH & 2ED. SPANISH FOR FIELD AND SHOP (Preferred)