- Bartender Experience
- Serving Experience
- Customer Service
Responsible for filling drink orders for guests, answering questions about drink ingredients and making suggestions for different types of beverages and cocktails.
1. Responsible for ensuring that alcoholic beverages are not dispensed to people under the age of 21.
2. Monitors the alcohol intake of guests.
3. Takes payment for beverages utilizing prescribed cash procedures.
4. Recognizes and resolves guest complaints and concerns.
5. Organizes and manages beverage aspects of special events.
6. Maintains beverage quality and service standards for location.
7. Performs bar opening and closing procedures.
8. Sets up and breaks down bar; contributes to overall cleanliness and organization of facility and event location.
9. Ensures a pleasant visit for each guest; maintains effective guest relations.
10. Performs special projects delegated by management.
11. Stays updated on latest developments pertinent to the department as well as the location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1 to 2 years bartending experience; excellent people and communication skills. Proven experience serving beverages in an event setting and demonstrated outstanding customer service. Must possess willingness to learn and perform new beverage programs and services. Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, drive and motivation. Flexibility with schedule with evenings and weekend work required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.