HEUFT USA is based in Downers Grove, IL and is a division of HEUFT Systemtechnik (www.heuft.com), the worldwide leader in package inspection technology. HEUFT USA provides systems designed for on-line inspection of empty and filled containers in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care and household product industries in the USA and Canada. These solutions ensure that only the highest quality products (beer, soft drink, dairy, food and more) reach the marketplace.
HEUFT USA has an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer. We are looking for a highly motivated applicant to support our Sales department. This position requires a blend of technical capabilities and interpersonal skills. The Project Engineer will also work closely with customers and the HEUFT Projects department.
- Review customer Request for Quotation (RFQ) and technical information to provide system solutions and performance specifications.
- Develop and write detailed customer proposals.
- Provide excellent pre-sale customer support and technical assistance as needed.
- Request and coordinate application testing with HEUFT Projects Department.
- Provide sketches, layouts, drawings for integrating HEUFT equipment into new or existing packaging lines.
- Apply working knowledge of HEUFT product line to evaluate applications and make technical recommendations.
- Propose device(s) and module(s) based on customer requirements to provide system solutions. Discuss alternatives with Engineering Manager if customer request is not feasible or other solutions seem to be more appropriate. Identify non-standard requirements and provide potential solutions.
- Provide technical support to installation and service groups when needed.
- Assist Sales department with application engineering and product knowledge.
- Collaborate with the Sales department to promote the sale of company products.
- Some travel (< 10%) to customer job sites to gather information and define project scope and installation requirements.
- Participate in project review meetings. Attend customer meetings with Sales team to present technical concepts.
- Represent HEUFT USA at trade shows and other events when requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering is preferred.
- Packaging Industry Experience (Preferred). Familiarity with electrical and pneumatic controls design is a plus.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2016 is preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, proactive and reliable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player willing to adapt as needs require and as the organization grows.
- Coordinate communication with members of the Sales team and other departments to meet specific client requirements.
- Ability to analyze, understand and present technical product specifications.
- Must have strong writing and speaking skills to present complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers and maintain a positive working relationship.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be able to resolve complex pre-sale technical problems and develop solutions to work in diverse customer environments.
- Highly proficient in PC applications, MS Office suite is a must.
HEUFT USA offers a competitive compensation package based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, short & long term disability and life insurance. A 401(k) plan is also offered. EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year