Experienced Practice Manager for Multi- Specialty Physician's Office; in the Houston Area.
Responsible for providing operational leadership by carrying out the policies and objectives as established by the Board and Executive Director. Responsible, with the support of the Nurse Coordinator, for the comprehensive management of the office(s) to ensure adequate and knowledgeable staffing, teamwork, efficiency, patient care and patient satisfaction. In conjunction with the Nurse Coordinator, provides leadership and direction to the clinic staff employees.
Selected Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures policies and procedures followed in the clinic.
- Follows OSHA regulations and the safety guidelines of the Practice.
- Follows HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Respects and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, orientation, discipline, and evaluation of all office employees. Discipline procedures should be done in consultation with the Director of Operations and/or the Director of Human Resources.
- Approves office payroll and requests for PTO, sick leave and overtime. Must approve all overtime.
- Ensures that the office is appropriately staffed.
- Prepares and coordinates doctor's/extender's schedules.
- Oversees and approves ordering of all supplies and equipment according to policy guidelines.
- Assists in preparation, administers and monitors office budget. Monthly report of any category over $100 is reported to the Financial Manager and Director of Operations.
- Responsible for all aspects of office maintenance in coordination with building management.
- Prepares agenda and conducts regular staff meetings.
- Serves as a role model for customer service, and mentors staff in the process.
- Formal contact person for patient complaints.
- Serves on practice wide committees as assigned.
- Coordinate the transfer of all bills to the Financial Manager following policy and procedure for such.
- Maintain accurate expense records, report and record to the Director of Operations.
- Communicate as needed with the CBO regarding accurate data entry; billing and daily close activities. Meet via phone or in person once a month with assigned clinic CBO representative and report meeting to the Director of Operations via e-mail. A face to face encounter with the CBO representative is required at least once a quarter.
- Review daily audits, sign off on them daily and fax the completed audit to the CBO.
- Oversee the patient portion of the accounts receivable.
- Assure compliance with Medicare, PPO's, HMO's, etc.
- Work with the Nurse Coordinator for efficient and smooth patient flow and clinical schedule.
- Oversee clinic mail, making sure it is distributed to the appropriate parties.
- Performs specific Job Activities as assigned per office location.
- May manage more than one location, some travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and systems. Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising. Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures. Knowledge of clinic office procedures. Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
Knowledge and skill in the operation of computer systems and applications (medical software, Microsoft Office, etc.).
Knowledge of medical practices, terminology and reimbursement policies.
Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure to answer correspondence and prepare reports.
Good supervisory and leadership skills.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
Education and Experience:
High School graduate or equivalent; related degree preferred.
At least five (5) years medical office operations experience with at least three (3) years of management experience, supervising five (5) or more employees in a clinical setting.
Experience with billing information systems required.
Basic financial analysis skills needed.
Physical Requirement and Working Environment:
Position is in a fast paced medical office environment. Good eyesight and hearing, manual dexterity, and a full range of body motion required. Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. May require occasional lifting of 25 pounds or more. May be exposed to acutely ill patients, and communicable diseases.
Non Smoking Environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Practice Management: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement