- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline (or the equivalent)
- Relevant work experience in software development
- Excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale web services
Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed, NoSQL, serverless database that provides fully managed, predictable performance at any scale (we receive more than 10 trillion requests per day). More than 100,000 AWS customers, including Lyft, Airbnb, Redfin, Samsung, Toyota, and Capital One, have chosen DynamoDB as their database for mobile, web, gaming, ad tech, IoT, and other applications that need low-latency data access at any scale.
The DynamoDB Developer Experience team’s mission is to create APIs, tools, services, and applications that help to onboard new developers to DynamoDB in minutes and make life simpler for existing developers by navigating them through new experiences powered by rules, sampling, and machine learning.
The DynamoDB Developer Experience team owns the customer experience for NoSQL Workbench for DynamoDB (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/amazondynamodb/latest/developerguide/workbench.html), DynamoDB local (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/amazondynamodb/latest/developerguide/DynamoDBLocal.html), the DynamoDB API, and the SDK and client-side libraries for dynamodb-transactions, dynamodb-lock-client, emr-dynamodb-connector, and others.
We also are working on some V1 products that will help to onboard developers faster, which will require machine learning and simulation. This initiative will require you to build from the ground up and come up with design and architecture, code from scratch, collaborate with multiple stakeholders to formulate product strategy and iterate, and deliver at a rapid pace. This is a high-impact initiative approved right from the highest levels of our leadership.
As a software development engineer, you will play a key role in defining the roadmap as well as how your team executes. You will be on a team that will be working on green-field initiatives.
You should be passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. Also be committed to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills. You should have thrived and succeeded in fast-paced environments that included a fair bit of ambiguity and required learning new concepts quickly while delivering at a fast pace.
You will be part of an exceptional team that operates like a startup. This is an opportunity for a full-stack developer to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing and distributed systems while working for a Tier Zero service.
You will solve challenging technical problems, often ones not solved before, alongside peers with remarkable technical expertise. The solutions you build will be high impact and rolled out to our large customer base across the world. If what you have read so far sounds interesting, please reach out to us!
Amazon is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer – minority / female / disability / veteran / gender identity / sexual orientation
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- A track record of successfully delivering projects as part of an agile software development team.
- Strong design skills around user experience. Eye for design and attention to detail. Experience with responsive web design.