The Carrie Brazer Center for Autism provides therapeutic supports for children, adults and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The Center is staffed by highly trained professionals who provide Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy on an individualized basis with the goal of reducing and eliminating the signs and symptoms of autism in children and young adults. We are committed to providing the highest quality of structured behavioral intervention with the goal of reducing future supplementary support.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Behavior Therapist will successfully asses children who are attending our school full year and new clients with new diagnosis and write a behavioral intervention report and summary.
- Behavior therapist will be independent and qualified to create a behavioral plan
Behavior therapist will test all children pre, mid and post school year and report data.
- Behavior therapist will implement treatment programs for student with ASD by demonstrating all competencies for a Behavior Therapist.
- Behavior Therapist will work consistently as part of a team to ensure that the student receives the highest quality therapy and treatment possible.
- Behavior Therapist may train and demonstrate competencies to teachers and teacher aides.
- Behavior Therapist will demonstrate programs to parents and interact with parents regularly as part of the student’s behavior therapy program.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with all state and federal guidelines.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Florida certified behavior analyst (RBT) with a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or high school diploma or board certified assistant behavior analyst.
- Employees must pass all state and federally mandated criminal background checks.
- Employee must meet all qualifications, training guidelines, and application requirements to be an RBT Medicaid Provider
- Employees must be interested in working with children diagnosed with ASD and possess the interpersonal skills to be playful, enthusiastic and bring a high level of energy into the therapy situation. They must be able to develop an effective rapport with parents and guardians.
- Employees must have the ability to read written treatment directions, collect numeric data and summarize the results. In addition, strong writing skills to document treatment sessions are required.
- Employee must be willing to work well with a team and comply with supervisory direction.
- Employee must be a Medicaid Provider
The Sunset Campus is located at 7530 Sunset Drive, just east of the Palmetto Expressway. The South Dade Campus (for student ages 13 through adulthood) is located at 16905 SW 100th Avenue in Cutler Bay.
If you meet the qualifications outlined, please send your resume and include a cover letter, phone number, your availability and start date if hired.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Miami, FL 33143 (Required)
- Required license or certification: Medicaid? (Required)
- Required license or certification: RBT, BCABA, or BCBA? (Required)
- English & Spanish (Preferred)