We are now excepting applications for marketing interns for academic school credit seeking hands on experience, utilizing multiple channels to build brand awareness of the Business Expo Center, as well as being part of a team to create, produce and promote some of the industry's unique trade shows, expos and special events.
Our marketing interns will be able to apply their academics to real world situations as well as gain exposure to gain hands on experience, career opportunities, and to help create opportunities with companies that fit with their career interests.
THIS MARKETING INTERNSHIP POSITIONS IS UNPAID AND FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT ONLY.
2017 Awards Winning Internship Site, California State University, Fullerton
- Interns will gain hands-on experience in the field of Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Engage in learning objectives marketing and data analysis that sharpen your skills
- Become comfortable working in a professional business environment and on a team
- Gain industry business knowledge while providing a valuable learning experience
- Letter of recommendation and Certificate of Completion from the CEO upon satisfactory completion of the internship
- Networking opportunities with business professionals in dozens of different industries
- Intern will receive academic credit for this position
- Conducting research by applying concepts learned within an academic environment
- Determining target markets of sponsors, exhibitors & attendees based on the industry of the expo assigned to
- Strategically develop a comprehensive list of companies, organizations, or entities that fall under their target market
- Developing marketing messages and strategies tailored to your target market
- Contacting members of companies or organizations via email and/or phone to discuss sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
- Creating banner ads, web content, and flyers through graphic design to attract potential clients.
- Utilizing social media and other avenues to build overall brand awareness and strength in the industry
- Enrolled in an accredited University majoring in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Psychology or any other related major
- Taking the internship for Academic Credit
- Duration of Internship: at least 3-4 months
- Must commit a minimum of 15 hours/week (240 total hours preferred for a greater learning experience)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to multitask
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Well organized
- Interpersonal skills
- Familiar with social media websites
The Business Expo Center is Orange County’s premier event venue and trade show producer, with 36,000 Sq.Ft. facility located in Anaheim, CA. We host events of most types including trade shows, meetings, conferences, training's, holiday parties, weddings, celebrations, Quinceaneras and more. Our fast growing venue provides a full service experience with on-site event planners, marketing services and preferred vendors that we partner with to create memorable events.
We are now expanding our internship program to provide hands on experience in a team environment creating, producing and marketing specific trade shows, expos, and special events.
*We are looking for candidates to start immediately. Limited positions available.
Job Type: Internship