Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Manufacturing Engineer in the Supply Chain Operations (SCO) group, you will join the team responsible for developing the manufacturing processes to deliver Google's next generation computing infrastructure, working with Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA). You are a manufacturing expert, with experience delivering state of the art technologies and have a track record of developing the manufacturing capabilities to do so. You are a valued partner to the Product Development team through your industry knowledge, experience identifying and qualifying advanced manufacturing techniques, and the design for manufacturing feedback.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Act as the Primary Manufacturing Engineering liaison to Google new technology teams to understand project requirements, assess product technologies and develop a manufacturing plan and supply chain to support it.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout the product lifecycle, drive manufacturing feedback, support New Product Introduction (NPI) builds and develop/prepare Google's supply chain.
- Develop and distribute manufacturing documentation in support of product design, configuration and build requirements. Documentation to include such items as Bill of Materials (BOM), Wiring Diagrams, Cable Harnesses, Assembly Drawings, Manufacturing Work Instructions, Test Plans, etc.
- Provide support to design, manufacturing and commodity teams in selection, qualification and application of PCBs and suppliers used in Google's products
- Establish, deliver and maintain the manufacturing and quality processes and standards for Google's new technologies, leveraging existing tools and processes as required.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with PCB laminate, stackup and fabrication process as well PCBA and box build manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with tools such as Valor and Allegro, and similar platforms.
- MS in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years of experience with a Product Data Management Tool (PDM) e.g. Windchill.
- Understanding of PCB laminate, stack up and fabrication process.
- Knowledge in PCBA and box build manufacturing processes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.