The Care Coach 2 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Care Coach 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Active RN license in the state of employment (prefer KS and MO license- without restrictions).
- 2 or more years of relevant experience (chronic disease management-highly preferred; , Hospice or Acute Inpatient Care or Outpatient (Physician Group) care acceptable)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This position will 'float' to other PIPC locations in Kansas City area based on business needs
- Must have valid Drivers license
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Case Management Certification (CCM)
- Prior experience with senior population
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experienced with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and additional community resources
- Experience with cardiac/pulmonary/diabetic patients
- Experience with Home Health and/or Hospice
- Knowledge/Experience with HEDIS
Interview Format As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours