Interested in sleeping in? Work for an award-winning, innovative, and growing team - 2018 Manufacturers Alliance Manufacturer of the Year - EDCO Products. We have an immediate opening for an Entry Level energetic and dedicated Warehouse Crew Lead for the 11:30AM - 8:00PM shift.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and monitoring the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments/bins in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Warehouse & Inventory Management
- Ensures equipment structure and levels, accomplish shipping and receiving activities efficiently, safely and effectively.
- Monitors loading and unloading of materials in the warehouse; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received.
- Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding packing slips, cycle counting reports and bill of ladings. Oversees the movement of material from receiving to bin locations efficiently and safely.
- Monitors and measures warehouse performance accuracy, receiving reporting, movement, and storage of material, and transfers of inventory.
- Examines incoming shipments, records and/or rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Notifies Sales department of incoming special orders.
Safety & Risk Management
- Maintains proper equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of materials.
- Ensures staff safely operates material handling equipment, has appropriate training, follows safety procedures and maintains proper housekeeping.
- Ensures building is properly secured and alarmed at the end of the shift.
- Responsible for the day to day warehouse associates; coordinates workflow, motivates team, monitors and evaluates performance.
- Cross trains employees on most duties for smooth operations during absences.
- Mentors fellow EDCO employees.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & VALUES
- Passion for excellence; attention to detail and accuracy.
- Prioritizes safety and well-being of employees and customers.
- Communicates proficiently – Expresses ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and written.
- High sense of urgency and a flexible mindset.
- At all times demonstrates EDCO’s relentless commitment to Quality, Service, & Innovation.
- Acts with the highest level of integrity and accountability; high say/do ratio.
- Adaptable – An ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Initiative – works successfully with a limited supervision, balances responsibilities and meets deadlines.
- An ability to proactively identify problems and offer solutions.
- Exhibits good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Team player – works collaboratively across depts., maintains focus on customers’ needs
- Role models the Company’s core values
Occasional extended work day to maintain proper supervisory staff level. Ability to lift 100 pounds, move about the warehouse freely, climb, stoop, crouch, and kneel as needed. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and outside weather conditions. The noise level is moderate to occasionally loud.
WHO WE ARE
EDCO is one of the oldest and continuous running domestic metal fabricators and is the largest manufacturer of pre-finished metal siding products in the United States. Today, as the only true full-line manufacturer of exterior building materials, our product offering includes a comprehensive line of siding, roofing, soffit, fascia, and gutter systems. The EDCO name has come to stand for longevity, stability and an unfailing commitment to excellence.
From its establishment in 1946 by the enterprising Edwards family to present day, EDCO has been an innovative leader in the building materials industry throughout the nation. The company continues to push the leading edge of product advancement and excellence, setting industry trends with its product development.
- 2018 Manufacturers Alliance Manufacturer of the Year
- 2017 Twin Cities Business magazine Family-Owned Business of the Year Finalist
- 2017 Eureka! Innovation Award from Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal for Infiniti Roofing
- 2017 Rural Builder Magazine Gold Key Award
- 2017 Rural Builder Magazine Top 10 Products for Infiniti Roofing
- Metal Roofing Magazine:
- Metal of Honor for Top 10 Roofing Products - 5 years
- Metal of Honor - 6 years
- Gold Key of Award - 3 years
Job Type: Full-time
- Forklift Operator: 2 years (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 3 years (Preferred)
- Warehouse Lead: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)