Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently recruiting Sterile Processing Technicians to support the Captain James. A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center (FHCC) located at 3001 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL 60064. Sterile Processing Technicians will provide the operating room, dental service, interventional procedural areas, various clinics, departments, outpatient clinics, and other hospital facilities with sterilized and/or high level disinfected (HLD) critical and semi critical reusable medical equipment (RME) such as surgical instruments, instrument sets, and flexible endoscopes. Shifts include:
- 2nd Shift: 3:00pm-11:30pm
- 3rd Shift: 11:00pm-7:30am
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of national security, health care, and information technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who take care of our customers’ success as if it is their own.
- Collect, inspect, decontaminate, and clean soiled Reusable Medical Equipment (RME).
- Completely and thoroughly disassemble and position all parts of RME to ensure removal of bioburden.
- Manually and mechanically clean RME.
- Remove instrument stains using appropriate chemicals.
- Disinfect all critical, semi-critical and non-critical RME.
- Perform all functions of the decontamination process including but not limited to manual and mechanical cleaning of surgical, reusable medical equipment, and dental instrumentation.
- For flexible endoscopes, perform leak tests; initiate cleaning according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Accomplish the inspection, assembly, packaging and terminal sterilization or High Level Disinfection (HLD) of all RME and flexible endoscopes throughout the medical facility and CBOCs.
- Read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Perform and document quality assurance checks.
- Perform all functions of the prep/packaging and sterilization process including documentation and quality assurance procedures.
- Examine and visually inspect instrumentation and appropriate functioning, and cleanliness.
- Assemble instrument sets according to count sheets. Place sets in appropriate outer container or wrap sizes.
- Inspect assemble, package and document the contents of a wide variety of surgical and dental trays and instruments according to count sheet.
- Properly and safely load, operate and trouble shoot a variety of sterilizers including but not limited to: steam, hydrogen peroxide plasma (VPro, STERRAD) and ETO. Additionally, perform all quality assurance testing and documentation required for each sterilizer.
- Properly transports all items for HLD process before and after processing.
- Inspect items for HLD process, and process following all MI for reprocessing.
- Perform all functions of the HLD process including documentation and quality assurance procedures.
- Properly and safely load and operate the automated endoscope reprocessors and other HLD equipment as needed.
- Follow facility protocol on OR case cart process and sterile storage area regulations.
- Prepare case carts for the OR and ensuring that everything on the pull sheet is obtained for the next day’s cases.
- Maintain appropriate sets in sterile/clean area.
- Rotate stock as needed.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience as Sterile Processing Technician. Any type of relevant military service may be credited toward meeting the requirements. In lieu of experience, personnel may have two years of relevant education at a residency school above the high school level, or any combination of relevant education above the high school level and relevant experience totaling two (2) years.
- Must possess a valid IAHCSMM certification or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD).
- High school education or equivalency
- Must be able to stand and walk during the entire workday; position requires frequent bending and lifting of supply packages occasionally weighing as much as 40 pounds.
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Ansible will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Sterile Processing: 2 years (Preferred)
- IAHCSMM or CBSPD (Required)