Must be able to convert to FT without the need of sponsorship.
Agile / Scrum, SAFe, Lean Methodology, and/or Project Management
Lean Methodology Certification(s)
Experience practically implementing or executing within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Ability to lead and influence large matrix teams both on and off-shore
5+ years of IT experience
2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach
1+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple Scrum team projects
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Experience managing and leading large scale teams as a Scrum Master in a complex IT Environment.
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
- Guiding the team(s) and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team(s) on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding the team(s) on self-organizing to fully realize the potential of Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team(s) and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team(s) to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team(s) using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Perform as an evangelist for internal implementation of SAFe (SAFe + PLM)
- Helping the department and mature out of legacy processes
- Mentor junior Scrum Masters towards improvement
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, SAFe Agilest or Practitioner)
- 5 years of experience in a Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for eliciting change in team behavior (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II, SPCT 4++)
- Knowledge of other agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (.Net, Java, or other web development languages)
- Previous experience as a development team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Contributions to the public around agile practices