Job Description Summary:
The Sales Manager is responsible for generating conference business from existing regional and national accounts and for developing new business in markets targeted for growth. This individual will work closely with Benchmark global sales and be provided sophisticated business development resources and marketing support.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree.
- Must have In Market Hotel Sales Experience in the WI area.
- Experience in Delphi a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Assertive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
- Make personal visits, when necessary to target areas and call on Companies and associations located in a specific market or area.
- Book meetings, conferences and social guests from assigned areas.
- Dedicate majority of time to direct telephone sales.
- Rework and maintain old account files and solicit new accounts.
- Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
- Set-up site inspections and follow through.
- Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in association.
- Perform general office duties and assist other personnel, as required.
- Maintain a constant contact with Corporate and Association meeting planners; maintain membership and contacts in hotel industry associations.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with departments interacting with convention groups.
- Develop new accounts by being inquisitive of accounts we have for "spin off".
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes, which would affect operations.
- Maintain accurate forecast and recap information.
- Set-up and conduct site inspections for entire property.
- Occasional weekends and evenings based on demand.
- Requires periodic overnights of travel Meet sales goals as outlined by the Director of Sales and Marketing on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Practice safety standards and report unsafe conditions to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
indoor office area with carpet. Well lit with good ventilation.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V