The General Manager is expected to become the "face" of the restaurant, and the public must come to know the General Manager as the personality of the restaurant. Professionalism is a key attribute of the General Manager. This position requires a balance of leadership, empathy, and grit. Our managers lead our team of amazing employees to be the best they can be, demand nothing less than the most amazing customer service for our guests, and ensure that every pizza that goes out is top quality – all while maintaining a safe, positive, and fun environment. Nothing less is acceptable. This position will also require you to know as much about making pizza as you do about being a leader. All managers are required to be proficient in all job positions.
In addition to leading our staff, the General Manager will oversee all aspects of the operation. Much like a captain of a ship is responsible for the actions of the crew, so will the General Manager be responsible for the actions of the crew of our pizzeria. Tasks and duties will include training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining. Administrative duties will consist of hiring, daily paperwork, bookkeeping, portion control, inventory, and marketing of new menu items.
Outlined below are the performance standards and job duties that are required of our general manager. Of course, it is impossible to compile a complete list of all the duties and expectations you will be required to do during your day to day job. The expectations and responsibilities listed here are merely the minimum functions and performance levels that will be required. Also, this list will be updated from time to time and you may need to meet additional expectations and perform new duties. It is up to you, the general manager, to make sure that you can perform at the expected level. If you need additional training or better understanding of the tasks you are supposed to complete – please ask the owner/president for assistance. Ignorance is no excuse. Furthermore, the general manager is expected to perform at these levels on a continuing basis.
General Manager Minimum Job Requirements
At a minimum, all General Managers must meet the following requirements:
- Be physically fit and able to walk four to five miles (or more) daily
- Be at least 21 years old
- Can lift 50 lbs. from the ground and over their head repeatedly
- Have no history of breaking state alcohol laws
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Work in a hot, humid environment and be exposed to adverse weather elements such as rain, sleet, snow, and extremely low and high temperatures
- Normal daily duties will require you to stoop, bend, reach, crouch, sit, walk, and pull
- Serve Safe Certified or become Serve Safe Certified in 90 days
- Have a clean driving record with three years licensed driving experience that includes no more than
- One moving violation per year over the last three years
- One at-fault accident in the last three years
- No major violations such as DUI, Reckless Operation, Leaving the Scene of an Accident or similar
General Manager Performance Expectations
General Managers are expected to be able to competently perform the following tasks without assistance after 90 days.
- Primary Function: Maintain highest level of quality, service, cleanliness, and hospitality
- Standards: You are the standard bearer for all company policies and procedures.
- All job functions: Be able to perform and train staff on the essential job function of all positions. Server, Host, Dishwasher, Pizza Maker, Etc..
- Master the Art of Pizza Making: Our managers are expected and required be able to master all aspects of pizza making from hand tossing to running the oven on a busy Friday night.
- Food / Beverage Ordering: Complete weekly / daily inventory lists via jolt. Maintain proper levels of food as to minimize waste and ensure freshness.
- Ordering: Will be responsible for ordering small wares, office supplies, and the like
- Maintenance and Repair: Performing and scheduling routine maintenance such as Hood Cleaning, Grease Trap cleaning, Oven Maintenance, Ice Machine Cleaning, and so forth
- Evaluations: Evaluating employees routinely; reinforcing strengths and critiquing weaknesses
- Policy Enforcement: Knowing and understanding the company rules and able to properly enforce them
- Boosting Sales: The GM should actively seek ways to boost profitable sales
- Quality Control: Making sure that every item that goes to a customer is top notch
- Alcohol Responsibility: Ensuring that alcohol is always served responsibly and to the LETTER of the LAW
- Paperwork: Making sure that ALL paperwork is done properly, completely and promptly
- Jolt: Make sure all daily store check lists are completed up to Lepoma standards.
- Policies: The GM will be responsible for using common sense when dealing with scenarios where there are no guidelines in place
- Cash Control: Ensures proper cash handling of all employees, POS drawer accountability, makes deposits in a timely manner, maintains change bank.
- Store Security: Responsible for loss prevention and reposting theft
- Employee Safety: Ultimately, the GM is responsible for ensuring security and health of all the employees. Will be responsible for routine safety checks, accident investigations, equipment and procedure reviews
- Extreme Situations & Emergencies: The GM is expected to take all actions needed to deal with situations such as extreme weather, disasters, fire, injuries, etc.
- Communication: Communication from the top down is critical. The GM is responsible for making sure that every employee is properly communicated with. Daily pre-shift meetings and weekly leadership meetings are expected.
- Everything Else: Anything that was not covered above will be the responsibility of the GM. Whether it be preparing for bad weather, plunging toilets, or escorting rowdy customers out the door, it will ultimately be your responsibility to ensure that it gets done.
Manager Personality Requirements
- Have an outgoing personality, able to connect with people
- Be a naturally energetic and happy person
- Be a person who never settles for "just enough"
- Be connected to the community/able to connect with the community quickly.
- Have an assertive, empathic personality
- Be a natural Leader. A manager is more than just a supervisor; they are a leader. They must be able to "rally the troops" making subordinates actually want to do their jobs to the best of their ability.
- Be able to create a positive & fun work environment
- Be Intuitive. Able to adapt and deal with any issues and circumstance.
- Have a sense of ownership, understanding that their actions or lack thereof will have direct consequences to the company
- Be willing to serve or participate in networking or community groups such as Rotary, Chamber of Commerce or similar
- Have a Natural Talent for Speaking to the public. They must be willing to speak on behalf of the company.
- Be able to give detailed and helpful praise and criticism to employees, to be a mentor rather than a "boss"
- Have initiative and able to present new ideas and see them followed through
- Be able to follow through and see things completed - no passing the buck
- Be attentive to detail. Able to completely review things, check and double check. Taking pride in knowing that everything is complete, in order and timely.
- Not be a procrastinator, tasks get done on time or before the due date
- Know and understand the appropriate boundaries between supervisor and subordinates
- BE PROFESSIONAL
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 - $12.00 per hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pizza : 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Restaurant: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- The store manager position is a training position for the Area Manager role or future franchisee
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift