HRBP who supports an executive direct report to the CEO. Responsible for overseeing all human resources strategic initiatives associated with assigned Business Unit, acting as senior partner with Business Unit’s Division executives and stakeholder team to provide comprehensive and integrated HR support.
Visit our Life at Walgreens page to see how our people are just as passionate, committed, empowered, rewarded and supported as ever before.
- Influences assigned Business Unit Division leadership team on matters of organizational development and design, development and implementation of strategies for talent acquisition, employee development and training, performance management, employee communication and change management. Acts as a liaison with recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee services, learning services, systems training and consulting, talent management and employee relations to ensure that all human resources needs are communicated and managed to meet the needs of the business.
- Manages all human resources initiatives associated with workforce balancing, including but not limited to, skills assessments, employee selection and de-selection, severance activities, and outplacement. Ensures the design and consistent application of tools to accomplish all activities related to workforce balancing, and that all activities are performed according to regulatory and Company guidelines.
- Develops and implements communication and change management strategies which impact both field and corporate employees adapt to changes in the workplace that result from organizational and divisional changes.
- Oversees and collaborates in proactive talent planning activities associated with the rollout of complex Division initiatives. Oversees the development and consistent application of policies that support the growth of the division within fiscal requirements that provide a strong ROI.
- Designs, develops, and implements the human resources strategic plan through the understanding of the business unit’s Division business goals and objectives, operating environment, culture, opportunities and constraint.
- Supports the business process by providing human resources expertise that enhances communication, and facilitates the design of strategies to attract, retain, and develop talent.
- Facilitates effective communication to provide cohesive and productive interactions with all departments of the Human Resources division.
- Assesses effectiveness of the organizational structure including staffing levels and job responsibilities. Identifies shortcomings and recommends appropriate actions to address development needs for all levels within the business division
- Participates in Company-wide initiatives/projects acting as divisional HR representative to provide direction and information on user needs and best practices, identifying interdependencies which have a people impact, and influencing the decisions made.
- Manages the process to establish and implement human resources best practices.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 6 years of Human Resources experience OR High School/GED and at least 9 years of Human Resources experience.
Knowledge of HR strategies:
workforce planning and development, talent management, centralized HR and shared services functions.
Knowledge of Federal, State and local labor and employment laws (i.e. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, FLSA and EEO regulations)
Experience supporting nation-wide employee populations in an HR support role.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
Experience leading or supporting organization design and change management initiatives.
Experience coaching /counseling management at the executive level.
At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
At least 3 years experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Master’s Degee / MBA
Preferred certification as PHR or SPHR as granted by HRCI