GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
Responsible for basic clerical functions including, but not limited to, answering phones, filing/charting maintenance, computer/order entry and compiling reports in order to provide support to the department staff and optimize department efficiency.
1. Flexible in handling changes in work priorities and handles multiple tasks simultaneously
2. Completes assignments or duties with 98% error free results and within specified timeframes
3. Processes information/communications and demonstrates follow through in an appropriate and timely manner.
4. Work collaboratively with other departmental staff and functions effectively within a team.
5. Demonstrates a higher degree of flexibility by functioning independently in all areas.
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Solid written and verbal communication skills.
3. Basic familiarity with standard office equipment.
4. Knowledge of MS Office products, particular Word and Excel.
5. Strong attention to detail.
6. Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple priorities.
7. Completion of Aggression Management System within six months of employment.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
- Works in an office environment.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds to waist level.
- Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, and squat.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Close up and peripheral vision abilities.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.