Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and located at our Corporate Headquarters the Commodity Manager's key focus would be to create and manage various strategic plans including the following commodities; Travel, Telecom, IT, and other Corporate Services. This position is a key and integral player within our Strategic Procurement team. In this role the Commodity Manager will use their strong commodity management background and leadership skills to create a collaborative environment with all stakeholders to insure alignment with the strategic plan and assist in the implementation of actions to achieve the deliverables within the strategic plan.
S/he will use their technical knowledge of various commodities including those listed combined with an understanding of the Supply Chain options and the market to select suppliers based on an evaluation of total cost of ownership; purchase price, lead times, product quality, process controls, technical expertise, capacity, and the ability to provide continuous improvements.
- Develop and implement strategies to create an efficient supply chain and reduce commodity total cost of ownership.
- Work to minimize supplier risk by establishing strategies for risk evaluation.
- Research potential suppliers and compare their products, prices, and services.
- Negotiate contracts with commodity suppliers and set up terms for price and delivery.
- Conduct analyses of market conditions and trends and use this information to predict future supply needs.
- Evaluate competitive offerings on the basis of commodity and market knowledge.
- Negotiates competitive and advantageous Supply Agreements.
- Prepares, issues, and administers Supply Agreements/Contracts.
- Resolves contractual disagreements and payment problems with suppliers.
- Develops and manages effective relationship with various internal departments (i.e. procurement, engineering, marketing, customer service, manufacturing, accounting, planning/materials, and quality).
- Generates reports on purchasing activities for upper management.
- Develops strategies and tactics for and conducting negotiations.
- Reviews and publishes market information and trends pertaining to assigned commodities.
- Works with suppliers to reduce overall lead-time including but not limited VMI or consignment relationships.
- Develops and/or implements programs/processes of standardization, process improvement, cost reduction, cost avoidance, and cost containment.
- Other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- B.S. Degree
- At least five (5) years supply chain and procerment experience with at least one (1) year of commodity management experience for travel, telecom, IT and/or Corporate Services.
Preferred Qualifications (In addition to Basic Qualifications)
- CPSM certification (if not certified you will be required to become certied within 2 years post-hire
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation, organization, leadership, contract - review and process management are required.
- Computer proficiency with software packages Microsoft Office software suite, Excel, Word, Visio PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Computer skills: Proficiency with word-processing and spreadsheet applications required (MS Word & Excel preferred). Familiarity with manufacturing resource planning software required.
- Excellent negotiation and organization skills required.
- Must be able to grasp technical problems and be an effective problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Keeps abreast with the latest trends and activities within the market place for assigned Commodity and the Supply Chain Profession.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled