Position Type: Full-time
Location: 100% office, or offshore and office, or offshore and remote. Our office is located in Norwood, NJ.
Founded in 1957, Alpine specializes in the planning and implementation of multidiscipline surveys in inland, estuarine, coastal and offshore environments. Company capabilities include geophysical, geotechnical, hydrographic, oceanographic, environmental and positioning services. Alpine also operates its own research vessels ranging from ocean going foreign flagged to trailerable boats.
Due to our rapid growth Alpine is looking for Hydrographic Processors.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on hydrographic data acquisition conducted during marine survey field operations for offshore survey projects.
- Perform marine survey data processing tasks both on board survey vessels and in the office.
- Process, interpret and analyze hydrographic data, including multibeam echosounder data, in one or more of the following market areas: Offshore Wind and/or O&G infrastructure projects, submarine cable/pipeline routing, civil engineering and/or environmental assessment projects.
- Set-up and operate hydrographic survey equipment.
- Perform GIS data analysis.
- Process and interpret final data sets from the QA/QC stages.
- Draft preliminary reports on data finding according to project specifications.
- Assist in charting production.
- Follow safety rules and practices.
- Perform other marine survey related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Science, Cartography, Geomatics, Geosciences, Engineering or related field required.
- ACSM Hydrographer, Category A Hydrographer or PLS certification is a strong plus.
- At least 5 years of applicable marine survey experience in the field of hydrographic surveying, involving both singlebeam and multi-beam bathymetry.
- Must have multi-beam, backscatter and single-beam processing experience utilizing: CARIS Hips & Sips, Qimera, POSPAC, QINSY and Hypack.
- Proven track record of leadership, initiative and self-motivation, the ability to effectively follow best practices with regards to HSE, and attention to detail are all important skills to bring to the position.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or GIS a plus.
- Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning systems, calibration techniques and data processing.
- Good writing skills, including a track record preparing at least preliminary, but preferably, final marine survey reports.
- Experience in navigation and positioning software and survey line planning a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and task timelines.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 50%+ travel to marine survey projects both within the US and overseas for offshore/remote or offshore/office based processors.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Prolonged periods of standing on a vessel and sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions on a vessel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Alpine Ocean is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Alpine offers a competitive pay and benefits package designed to attract and retain the talent needed to assure continued success. Visit our website: www.alpineocean.com for more information about our company.
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: Multiple Locations