THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST, Position Description Number T5901600 and is part of the AL HQ 226 CCG, National Guard.
226 CCGP, MONTGOMERY, AL
Lt Col T. MORGAN
- This is a temporary position that is Not to Exceed 3/15/2019.
1. Serves as the Group Orderly Room Manager, functioning as senior advisor to the Director of Readiness and Support for all orderly room and information management unit support functions. Initiates workday reports and manages orders publications procedures. This includes preparing, tracking, publishing, and distributing civilian and military travel orders, annual training orders, special training orders, and other orders to include special authorizations. Directs and provides administrative training in Air National Guard automated order systems for all Unit Orders Clerks.
2. Plans, organizes, and implements electronic media systems and computer systems throughout the unit. This includes electronic records management, electronic publications distribution on the Local Area Network (LAN), automated maintenance of the base and functional libraries (on computer disks), use and application of computer generated graphics, desktop publication, etc. Works with Base Network Control Center (BNCC) Manager installing/deleting user software. Provides software application assistance for commonly-used office automation and telecommunications applications. Works with supported users in performing Information Risk Management (IRM) concepts such as data base recovery for resident programs, moving files from one media to another, configuring user software, modifying software configuration, and performance of basic configuration management functions.
3. Manages training plans for IM personnel assigned throughout the organization. Develops and implements training for IM systems and such unit IRM and core software as E-Mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, and internet/intranet. This includes managing the scheduling and coordination of training classes to include the development of lesson plans on IM training. Develps and implements Work Group Administrator (WGA) training for the assigned IM specialists. Creates master task listings and war skills training for information management.
4. Manages transfer of information internal and external to the base/group to include manual and electronic telecommunications. Implements policy and monitors usage of mail systems at servicing units. This includes training and validating users for official mail to include the Base Information Transfer System (BITS), US Mail, Defense Messaging System (DMS), and E-Mail.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
0342 Support Services Administration
Conditions of Employment
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE :
Experience, education or training in administrative, professional, technical, or other work that provided knowledge of support services. Knowledge of administrative methods and procedures used in planning, organizing work, and skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE :
One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower level in the normal line of progression that demonstrated knowledge of the methods and procedures for providing or performing a variety of functions and services applicable to the position to be filled; ability to plan, organize, and control work involving diverse activities; ability to gain cooperation and coordinate the work of others; and skill in oral and written communications. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include:
Management analyst or technician or other work that included study, analysis, or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of managerial or administrative policies, practices, and procedures.
Administrative officer or assistant, budget administration, program analysis, or other work that demonstrated knowledge of an organization and its functions, and the ways in which support services can facilitate the work of the organization.
Office management experience that included responsibility for directing a variety of support services such as typing, mail processing, purchase of supplies and equipment, etc.
Secretarial work that required monitoring and coordinating administrative and processing work of subordinate elements through a system of internal procedures, controls, production, progress reporting, etc., to insure the efficient operation of an organization.
Military experience that included responsibility for directing a variety of support functions such as communications, property management, mail service, facilities and equipment maintenance, etc.
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, is qualifying for GS-5 level positions.
Major study - public administration, business administration, industrial engineering, industrial management, or other administrative or management fields related to the position to be filled. For some positions in this series graduate education may not provide the knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience may be required for such positions. One full academic year of graduate-level education is creditable for GS-7; 2 years or a master's or equivalent graduate degree is creditable for GS-9; and 3 years or a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree is creditable for GS-11.
Please reference the Education qualifications listed above.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents :
DD 214s and SF-15s are required if claiming Veteran's Preference.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.