How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Responsible for managing all operational aspects of all chapters within an operations hub. This position is responsible for on-the-ground tactical support, training, field auditing, reporting, data collection and analysis, budgeting & forecasting, expense management, and all other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Team.
Executive Director and/or Field Operations Director
Hub operations staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and ensures that the chapter has the appropriate operational policies, controls and staffing resources in place to effectively grow the chapter and ensure its’ financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Oversees all financial functions for assigned chapters.
- Provides direction and training of hub operations staff and volunteers in the implementation of strategic plans among all chapter operational areas (Finance, IT, HR, volunteer development, etc.)
- Takes a leadership role in sourcing, screening, onboarding/offboarding, and presenting candidates for operation chapter positions.
- Partners with Executive Directors and Field Operations Director to screen and select all hub operations staff.
- Assumes interim responsibility for operational staffing voids as required within hub.
- Identify common Operations & Finance related issues across chapters, provide clear summary of issues to National, and clear status updates to chapters.
- Responsible for the management of all financial records and reports, as well as the hub’s forecasting and budgeting processes
- Work with chapters' Executive Directors, operations staff and campaign staff to accurately budget/forecast revenue and expenses and then review actuals monthly for irregularities.
- Conduct a monthly review meeting of operational issues and financial results with the Executive Director and chapter operations leadership.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, recommend solutions, and take appropriate steps to ensure successful implementation.
- Reviews systems and processes to ensure proper internal controls are in place for recording cash receipts, disbursements, and adjustments.
- Responsible for analyzing, in conjunction with national IT department, the chapter’s IT infrastructure and identifying related technology issues/needs.
- Maintains all equipment and facility lease agreements and serves as the liaison to property management. Reviews and ensures that property leases sufficiently meet chapter needs.
- Provide performance review input for all hub operations staff
- Facilitate regular communication within hub to share best practices and identify needs of other chapters within hub
- Maintains a working knowledge of The LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of Operations and/or Finance experience
- Formal education and/or solid experience in finance/accounting
- Multi-Location Management Experience preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Strong understanding of finance/accounting
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Skilled at exercising sound judgment
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven staff management and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Proficiency in fiscal management
- Occasional weekend & evening work required as needed at events
- Travel to support other hub chapters as needed
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.