Business Development Representative - Auctioneer
Employee Type: Full Time Compensation: Salary plus Commission
About Machine Tool Bids
Developed and led by an expert team with more than 20 years’ experience in the CNC industry Machine Tool Bids was launched to address the changing needs of manufacturing facilities. We are a full-service CNC machinery dealer with a digital marketplace to connect buyers and sellers of machinery. Our powerful, easy to use online auction platform offers a variety of used CNC machinery and fabrication equipment to meet the changing demands of manufacturers in the world’s foremost manufacturing industries.
Machine Tool Bids is looking for an experienced sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead Machine Tool Bids to the next level. The Business Development Representative will be responsible for initiating and executing activities that will drive sales, engage our partners and clients, and build brand awareness. The ideal candidate will be innovative and team oriented and will appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities. This role requires a passion for sales achievement and an eagerness to be a part of a fast-growing company. We are looking for a self-starter with an eagerness to take responsibility and consistently exceed objectives.
Responsibilities/What you’ll be doing:
· Direct Management overall auction sales activities
· Manage Sales and Marketing Teams ensuring that quarterly and annual sales goals (outlined by senior management) are met.
· Manage and maintain relationships with prospective and existing clients through email, phone, and on-site visits. Representing the company professionally at all times while aggressively pursuing sales opportunity.
· Cultivate new business opportunity by leveraging your own book of business, networking, and trade shows.
· Prospect and connect with C-level executives in Manufacturing facilities, banks, and leasing corporations.
· Work with our Marketing Team to implement a multi-channel approach to prospecting new opportunity.
· Develop customized proposals and presentations for potential clients and own the project from contract negotiation to completion.
· Maintain a pulse on the market in order to develop new business and refine lead generation strategies
Requirements / /What we are looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 5 years CNC Machinery or Manufacturing Sector adjacent sales experience
· Minimum of 3 years in team leadership and management.
· Demonstrated ability for building accounts and client relationships.
· Track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals – both individually and as team leader.
· Strong presentation, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· Positive attitude, adaptable, and willing to pitch in where needed.
· Ability to create and foster a competitive, sociable sales environment.
· Bilingual in Spanish, preferred, but not required.
· Auctioneer license, highly preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27,611.00 - $103,560.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60612: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you fully vaccinated against Covid 19?
Work Location: One location