Performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings and equipment. Working under moderate supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
Facilities Technician Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions.
- Maintains the professional appearances of the property, equipment, mechanical spaces, and common areas.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Performs work in compliance with WeWork standard operating procedures and maintenance work instructions.
- Performs tasks such as carpentry, painting, HVAC, furniture assembly/relocation and locksmith tasks.
- Performs inspection of building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, plumbing and electrical.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Solve maintenance requests submitted via ticketing system
- Report completed tickets via ticketing system
- Execute short lead time projects
- Maintain KPI targets within the zones
- Report to Facilities Manager and Community Manager for daily work schedules
- Assess and resolve maintenance issues onsite
- Periodically coordinate with Facilities Manager to discuss building health scores
- Customer service experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for WeWork’s mission and values
- Proficient in basic computer skills
Experience and Requirements:
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in the facilities, construction or related industry
- Working knowledge of HVAC , mechanical systems and all construction-related trades
- Technical working knowledge of building systems
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Uses computer and for work order system, email, and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Facilities Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- email communication: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)