A warehouse technician is responsible for the smooth day-to-day activities in the warehouse including shipping/receiving, cleaning, run testing and repair of equipment, inventory maintenance, pick/pack stock and warehouse compliance with all regulations and standards.
Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Minimum Experience: HME experience preferred, warehouse experience preferred,
Shipping and receiving experience preferred, inventory experience preferred
Knowledge/Abilities/Skills: Mechanically inclined
- Comply with division guidelines regarding payroll record keeping (i.e. timecard punching, vacation requests, and sick callouts).
- Arrive at workstation at scheduled start time prepared to work, do not leave workstation until scheduled end time.
- Be polite and courteous to all co-workers, customers and vendors to assure a pleasant work environment.
- Arrive at work in appropriate attire as specified in the administrative or departmental dress code policy.
- Demonstrate a “team” philosophy in daily operations and problem solving methods.
- Be aware and comply with all federal and state regulatory agencies as instructed by the company (i.e. FDA, CHAP, DOT, OSHA, DEA, DEP, etc.)
- Be aware of the surrounding physical environment to assure a safe work environment. Comply with guidelines for corrective action.
- Arrive at all scheduled meetings on time and prepared.
- Integrate division Mission Statement and Credo into daily activities.
- Participates in mandatory annual and bi-annual in-services and HIPAA training.
- Participate in mandatory annual in-services.
- Report any potential HIPAA infringements to the Privacy Officer.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of patient care, employee activities or office environment.
- Organizes work process in an efficient manner.
- Prioritizes tasks accurately on a daily basis
- Incorporate company or departmental changes effectively.
- Accepts other duties as assigned and completes efficiently.
- Employee information confidential, in accordance with company procedure and HIPAA Regulations.
- Keep all patient information confidential, in accordance with company procedure and HIPAA Regulations.
- Keep all financial information confidential, in accordance with company procedure and HIPAA Regulations.
- Demonstrates correct receiving process through proper daily documentation.
- Receives packages from loading dock daily.
- Picks, packages and ships product/equipment following process for UPS, Fed Ex, Airborne and couriers for timely delivery.
- Tracks and locates lost packages shipped from warehouse.
- Responsible for keeping oxygen tank log daily.
- Stocks items onto shelves as soon as received.
- Consistently rotates stock and removes outdated product from patient-ready shelves.
- Locates new product on shelves and assists in bar coding shelves accurately.
- Affixes bar codes to serialized equipment before placing on shelves.
- Checks inventory par levels weekly and completes inventory Hot Sheet and/or Purchase Requisitions for ordering of stock and forwards to Supervisor for approval.
- Assists in physical inventory.
- Inspects all shelves to ensure all product is stocked, rotated and out-of-date product is removed.
- Equipment Maintenance/Repair/Assembly Infection Control
- Assists in cleaning of rental equipment and replaces components per Policies and Procedures.
- Tags equipment appropriately, bags and stocks into patient-ready areas per Policies and Procedures.
- Completes Purchase Requisitions for supplies, components, parts, etc., and forwards to Supervisor for approval.
- Assists in repairs of rental equipment in a stock level and minimize unnecessary ordering of new equipment.
- Assembles equipment for delivery by Home Care Technicians in a timely manner.
- Consistently empties trash, empties recycling, straightens stock and sweeps floor to maintain clean warehouse appearance.
- Maintains Biohazard closet in compliance with regulations.*
- Able to work longer than normal hours with little or no notice, as needed*
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive Health and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(k) plan (discretionary)
- Company-provided standard life insurance with optional employee-paid buy-up options
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Vacation, Sick and Personal days, and paid holidays
- Company-paid long-term disability, and optional employee-paid supplemental benefits
- Plum Benefits Discount Ticket Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
The PromptCare Companies is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, genetic disposition, disability, veteran's status or any other characteristic or classification protected by State/Federal/Local laws. We foster a work environment in which diversity and inclusion are embraced, people are hired and advanced on their merits, and employees are treated with mutual respect and dignity.
Job Type: Full-time