Description: CBSET, Inc. is a recognized leader in preclinical biomedical research. We make it our mission to help our sponsors accelerate the development of novel and innovative pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, and medical devices. CBSET offers extensive regulatory and scientific expertise to the medtech and biopharma industry around the globe in order to rapidly transform early-stage concepts into novel therapies.
We at CBSET are committed to providing exceptional quality work and this can only be achieved through hiring exceptional technical talent. By working as a Histotechnician I/II/III, you will be part of a collaborative effort with our clients to advance biomedical research through innovative, high-quality services. In addition, CBSET is proud to offer a generous benefits package, which includes health, dental and vision plans, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan.
Please be aware that the requirements presented within in this job listing are the basic qualifications required for the Research Technician position; however, job title will be contingent upon the level of experience of the candidate in those requirements.
BASIC SUMMARY: A mid-level histopathology position with the expectation of predominately unsupervised functionality, demonstrating a competent level of technical skills across department disciplines (e.g., Necropsy, Trimming, Microtomy, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical expectations may include, but are not limited to: performing basic necropsy and perfusion techniques, tissue specimen collection and labeling, tissue processing, embedding, sawing, grinding, microtomy, and slide staining. Administrative expectations may include slide, tissue block, and data record generation and organization, as well as laboratory supply and reagent inventory and ordering.
- Train staff on performing various necropsy/histopathology procedures.
- Generate quality data in compliance with GLP guidelines, document deviations and incidents with supervision, submit data in a timely manner.
- Perform data collection/quality control.
Education: High school or GED required. Associates (AS) or Bachelor’s degree (BS) in science preferred.
Experience: At least two years histopathology laboratory experience preferred
Certification/Licensure: Driver’s license, HT or HTL (ASCP) certification preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other related duties as required.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible and exposure to hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.) and chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.)
- General office working conditions, with generally quiet noise conditions
- May require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules