Full Job Description
Provides technical assistance in carrying out studies of lung inflammation, and promotion of lung cancer by inflammation.
Enhance our understanding of inflammation-related lung cancer in COPD
patients and identify means to prevent progress from premalignant phase to
1.Prepares and conductsin vivo studies of lung inflammation and lung cancer
using mouse models, including breeding mutant mouse strains, culturing
pathogens and delivering treatments to mice.
2. Prepares and conductsex vivo/in situ histologic analyses using the following
techniques: animal dissection, tissue fixation, paraffin embedding, cryofixation,
tissue sectioning (paraffin and frozen), histochemistry, and
3.Performs microscopic and morphometric image analyses of histological
4.Constructs, assembles, and operates laboratory apparatus and equipment
including thermocyclers, agarose gel electrophoresis units, nebulizers/gas
compressors, and spectrophotometers.
5. Isolates, extracts, purifies, and analyzes mouse genomic DNA for genotyping
purposes using PCR and Southern blot hybridization.
6. Isolates, extracts, purifies, and analyzes mouse lung RNA for purposes of
gene expression analysis.
7. He/She will learn how to feed, maintain and grow cells in medium under optimal condition and perform in vitro assay using them under different stimuli.
8. Reading literature is required for increasing his/ her knowledge about the project and also presenting in journal clubs.
9. The employee must communicate freely and clearly, and must confer with
superiors regarding new procedures and modify them according to the needs of
10. Record lab results in a notebook and computer
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC FUNCTIONS:
1. Presents data in formal Laboratory Meetings (quarterly).
2. Presents papers in Laboratory Journal Club Meetings (quarterly).
Required: Bachelor's degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences.
Required: No experience.
Preferred: Lab experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Requisition ID: 135396
Employment Status: Full-Time
Employee Status: Regular
FLSA: exempt and eligible for additional compensation for hours worked beyond your usual schedule, paid at a time and a half rate
Work Week: Days
Fund Type: Hard
Pivotal Position: Yes
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 30,400
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 45,600
Science Jobs: No