Job located in Sitka, Alaska. Relocation expenses available.
Alaska Jewelry, an exclusive high end jewelry company is seeking a full time Sales Professional & Administrative Assistant for our Sitka, Alaska Store. We have a beautiful and truly unique store that has a great story and an interesting place in the market. Our collections offer a wide variety of jewelry and glass inventory. This position is a highly responsible secretarial & sales position with administrative support duties in office and sales floor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (The following are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.)
- Maintains a variety of sales and administration related information.
- Assists in preparation of orders, supplies, daily deposits, and other materials.
- Develops office procedures, systems, and forms; plans and lays out secretarial and filing work; may on occasion direct the work of other office support personnel, either on a project-by-project basis or permanently.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors; responds to inquiries and complaints; handles routine matters and directs unusual matters to superior or appropriate authority.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous sales experience preferred, retail experience a plus
- Sophisticated professional with excellent time management skills, organization skills, focus on efficiency and accuracy
- Must be responsible, dependable, enthusiastic, have a positive attitude, and be self-motivated
- Exceptional verbal & written skills for work with clients, associates and management team
- Consistently achieves and exceeds personal & corporate sales goals
- Technologically proficient, will need to regularly use POS, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work standard retail hours, including weekends (store hours 10-6 generally) and open & closing duties of the store; includes jewelry set up and take down
- High attention to detail in maintaining communication records in Excel for all marketing and outreach programs (not limited to company culture/social media)
- Processing all POS transactions (sales, returns, exchanges, special orders) quickly and efficiently
- Retail Merchandising & experience a plus
- Ability to drive sales & create growth for our retail division in person, via social media, & community outreach
- Willing to develop & maintain relationships with community and industry partners in person and additional responsible duties
- Highly adaptive and flexible in terms of daily tasks and expectations
- Vacation Time
- Merchandise Discounts
- Beautiful view of both ocean and mountains of Sitka's quaint town
- Relocating expenses - paid depending on clearance.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Office Administration: 2 years
- Sales: 2 years