Egis Insurance and Risk Advisors has an opening for a Loss Control Consultant in their Risk Management Department. The Loss Control Consultant will be responsible for overall risk control assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support for perspective, new and renewal business.
- Conduct on-site loss control surveys and underwriting evaluations.
- Prepare Loss Control Assessment Reports and Risk Improvement Plans
- Conduct accident investigations.
- Analyze loss history and effectiveness of controls in place to mitigate them
- Develop and present safety / loss prevention training sessions for internal and external customers.
- Maintain awareness of federal, state, and local safety regulations and appropriate industry standards.
- May be responsible for special projects and presentations.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred (ARM, OHST, ALCM, CSP, CPCU)
- 3 - 6 years loss Control and safety experience in the Insurance industry (Property, General Liability, Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto)
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal OSHA requirements is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral member of the EGIS Risk Management team.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and make critical business decision effectively.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple concurrent assignments.
- High Degree of self-motivation and discipline.
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain acceptable driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel (50%)
- Overnight travel is required.
- Must be able to conduct physical surveys inspections.
- Must be able to climb, bend, balance on various heights, crawl and lift up to 50lbs.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including; medical, dental, paid vacation and 401K.
Job Type: Full-time
- Loss Control / Risk Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Clean Driving Record: 3 years (Required)