A top notch financial solutions company is seeking a Financial Controller to join their team in Downtown San Diego. The ideal candidates will have 10+ years of experience, a bachelors degree in a related field, Sage Peachtree experience, and bilingual in Spanish. Apply below for consideration!
- Lead the Accounting General functions and supervise the activities of the accounting assistant.
- Responsible for the preparation of the company’s financial statements.
- Provide training, guidance, and direction to other employees as needed to ensure work is performed in an efficient, timely, and knowledgeable manner.
- May work at times directly with the Sales and Operations Department on assigned activities
- Prepare and provide financial statements, sales reports, commission reports, analysis, and other reports on a scheduled or unprompted basis.
- Maintain and reconcile the fixed assets to the general ledger of the company.
- Prepare multiple state agency reports for tax purposes.
- Confer with CFO about budgeting and reviewing strategies to meet overall goals and objectives
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and reports
- Maintain Sage Peachtree accounting systems
- Evaluate general accounting performance and makes adjustments to daily operations when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field
- 10+ years of financial closing and progressive accounting experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Master’s Degree or advanced education a plus
- CPA a plus
- Wealth Management industry experience and FINRA registrations a plus