In this position the Business Operations Analyst will be responsible for supporting the design and configurations of our global sales incentive system, using Xactly Incent. Partner with incentive compensation plan designer to review requirements, design solutions and configure and test system deliverables. Hands-on configuration experience and knowledge of comparable enterprise commissions systems such as Xactly Incent or salesforce.com is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be expected to bring superior analytic, design and problem-solving skills, deep attention to detail and a high sense of urgency to this critical role. Experience configuring and integrating sales compensation automation systems is a definite plus.
About the Team
The Global Commissions Team, part of the Finance organization at Akamai, is responsible for world-wide sales and services incentive compensation plan design as well as compensation administration. The compensation administration duties include managing the systems and processes for setting up payees, assigning deal credit and calculating and submitting commissions and incentive bonuses to payroll. The team works in close partnership with HR, Sales, Sales Operations and IT from plan design through systems implementation. In addition, the team provides information and analysis to evaluate the success of the incentive compensation strategies to executive management.
- Partner with Global Commissions Team to translate new business requirements into functional system specifications
- Complete and document system configuration changes required and lead development efforts, performing system tests and creating user acceptance test scenarios
- Ensure appropriate metadata discipline for robust reporting
- Identify, prioritize, and execute on system enhancements to continuously improve the end user experience
- Serve as a liaison between HRIS, IT and key business stakeholders (sales and pre-sales management) to provide systems support and to fully leverage our system’s capabilities to meet their requirements
- Provide escalated system support and troubleshoot issues for Global Commissions Team administrators
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BA Degree and 8 years of experience or 6 years of experience with a Master’s Degree
- Experience should include financial systems analysis or robust model building
- Very strong analytic skills and a methodical, systemic approach to building tools and automating processes; able to understand, analyze and organize undefined, complex and / or sensitive data sets
- Working knowledge of incentive compensation and sales operations workflows and business processes
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, finance, or computer science
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining Xactly Incent or other comparable enterprise level incentive compensation systems
- Extreme attention to detail to ensure accuracy and integrity of commission calculations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal and maintain close working relationships with various internal clients
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.