RRC - Administrative Assistant II - Wichita Falls (00002857)
RAILROAD COMMISSION OF TEXAS
RRC Wichita Falls 5800 Kell Blvd Wichita Falls 76310
Office and Administrative Support
Standard Hours Per Week:
Yes, 10 % of the Time
State Job Code:
Salary Admin Plan:
Salary (Pay Basis):
2,194.33 - 2,500.00
Number of Openings:
Sep 19, 2018, 10:30:55 AM
Oct 3, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
The Railroad Commission of Texas, recognized as a worldwide leader in the regulation of oil and gas exploration, seeks an advanced level Administrative Assistant for the Wichita Falls District Office, Field Operations Section of the Oil and Gas Division. Primary duties include receiving technical reports/data from the oil and gas industry, processing the reports/data, and disseminating to the appropriate department. This role also coordinates with office staff to maintain timely and detailed updates to the databases that facilitates in the office’s analysis and planning.
Essential Job Duties
- Answer and operate complex telephone system and refer callers to the appropriate offices.
- Communicate information, policy, rules, and regulations with field personnel and technical staff.
- Process vehicle reports and ensure accurate and timely reporting of time and mileage logs.
- Maintain fleet vehicle maintenance records, which includes repairs, inspections, and scheduled maintenance.
- Receive work orders from industry and post notifications to appropriate Oracle database or tracking spreadsheets (Excel).
- Organize and maintain various filing systems, which includes well inspection records, permits, violations, and other related records.
- Address telephone inquiries and assist the oil and gas industry and general public with records research and retrieval
- Conduct mail reviews and route functions to appropriate Oil and Gas business unit.
- Perform additional related essential tasks to maintain workflow.
This job may require some travel.
State Classification #:
State Classification Title:
Administrative Assistant II
Military Occupational Specialty Codes (MOS):
Army – 15P, 56M
Navy – 641x
Coast Guard – 360, YN
Marine Corps – 0111
Air Force – 3A1X1
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at:
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of one year relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a business administration office or professional setting.
- One year of experience in business office practices and communicating rules, policies, and procedures.
- One year of experience in composing business documents with effective use of grammar, reading and comprehension, and appropriate audience content.
- Experience may have occurred concurrently.
- Experience maintaining hard copy and digital records and updating and organizing filing systems.
- Knowledge of oil and gas operations and familiarity with Railroad Commission rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of basic/high-school level mathematics.
- Working knowledge of a telephone switchboard or console.
- Knowledge of professional business protocol.
- Skill in attention to detail and in providing accurate information.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment.
- Skill in organizing information.
- Ability to accurately file documents, retrieve files, and pack files.
- Ability to operate a computer, Windows-based software, and databases.
- Ability to follow brief oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to listen, understand, and relay material clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work overtime, and flexible hours and to be available for on-call duty.
- Ability to maintain punctual and keep regular attendance.
- Ability to work effectively on a team, individually and as a member.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy.
- Ability to stoop, reach low and high, push and pull heavy file drawers and/or cart, and lift, carry and move up to 30 lbs.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver’s license and a good driving record.
There is one available position. Official transcripts, DD214 or DD1300, copies of license/certifications, or other minimum requirement validations will be requested at the time of the job offer.
THE RAILROAD COMMISSION OF TEXAS ONLY ACCEPTS ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSTING.
Due to the high volume of applications we do not accept telephone calls. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Notifications to applicants are sent electronically to the email address you provide.
The Railroad Commission of Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age
or disability in employment or in the provision of services.
The Railroad Commission of Texas is a smoke-free workplace