Director of Advertising Operations and QA
This role will be based out of Univision's technology office located on 419 Lafayette Street.
The overall expectation of the Director of Advertising Operations and QA role …... The Director will work closely with the Planning Team, Sales Executives, Ad Product, Creative Team and external vendors to ensure we exceed our customers' expectations. Ideal candidate has a proven track record building teams and processes to streamline the campaign management process. Success will be measured by the ability to drive successful completion of campaigns and better relationships with the Sales Department. The hire should be innovative, analytical, constructively support all other departments in the sales organization, and help to create client solutions that overcome the current technical challenges in digital media.
- Lead the Ad Operations team in setting priorities and managing day to day operations, including trafficking, QA, campaign implementation, and reporting in alignment with client expectations
- Assist Ad Operations campaign managers with troubleshooting issues with tags / creative. You are the key contact with campaign escalation
- Work closely with the order entry team to ensure IO's are inserted as needed for departmental trafficking process.
- Work closely with Ad Product team on implementation and rollout of new products.
- Monitoring current campaigns, making any necessary optimizations to ensure delivery, as well as assisting account management with client-facing recommendations.
- Investigate delivery issues such as (work with sales, clients, agencies, third-party platforms, and provide feedback)
- delivery discrepancies
- billing disputes
- technical issues
- Partner with Planning and your AdOps leads to review post-launch benchmarks
- Partner with Head of Yield to ensure the ad server has all the necessary ad unit structure to maintain the correct targeting
- Manager the QA team to ensure that best practices are used on creative QA
- Coach and mentor Campaign Management Leads with tangible and frequent performance feedback
- Create and maintain a strategy for Campaign Management and Optimizations
- Continue to enhance the ad offerings on site by ensuring we're always looking at new ad technology and 3rd party vendors
- Manage vendor relationships with Google, AdLightening and Sintec, to ensure your department needs are properly supported
- Maintain the training wiki and AdOps expertise
- Help to mitigate revenue risk through campaign management reporting and tools
- Monitor and manage out-sourced trafficking
- Interacting directly with the client on technical ad-related items
- Manage the promotion of custom branded content and branded video
- Manage a team of 4 Audio Streaming traffickers
Bachelor's degree a plus
Superior written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to adapt to and operate effectively in fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
Have strong understanding of sales workflow and Order Entry systems (Sintec)
Flexibility to work extended or off-peak hours in times of essential need.
Minimum 9+ years hands-on experience in online ad operations or ad operations client services.
Direct experience working with 3rd party QA and validation.
Extensive Video experience preferred.
Must be familiar with IAB Specs and industry overall best practices.
Comfortable adapting to different software, applications and interfaces.
Strong analytic, strategic and creative problem solving skills.
Enthusiastic, self-starter who is willing to be hands on with all aspects of the business.
Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple and often-changing priorities from many different sources
Extensive knowledge of online ad technology including third-party servers and industry trends.
Familiar with listed ad servers/tools a major plus:
DFA, DFP, Charles, Fiddler, Flash Decompiler, Google Publisher Dev Tools, IAS, Nielsen, Adjuster
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer