Prepare daily menu items in accordance with local, state, and federal food standards, facility and department policies, and in accordance with the planned menu, in the time allotted, to ensure that residents/staff/guests receive high quality, adequate, and accurate foods.
8 hour shifts as scheduled. May include any combination of day or evening and will include weekends and holidays. Schedule may vary, based on needs and supervisor discretion.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Practice the Values, the Mission, and Philosophy of Eben Ezer Lutheran Care Center.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food. Select food items from storage and prepare them for production.
- Produce hot and cold foods according to the menu, production plans, special diets and standardized recipes. Prepare food in accordance with planned menus, standardized recipes and special diet orders.
- Maintain production records accurately and consistently.
- Handle, store, and provide food and supplies following safe food handling practices to prevent food-borne illness.
- Ensure that all food service policies and procedures, including HACCP procedures, are followed. Follow established safety and sanitation practices.
- Display and serve hot and cold foods in an appropriate and attractive manner in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Maintain and care for department equipment and supplies.
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions when performing daily tasks.
- And more...
For a complete job description visit: https://www.ebenezer-cares.org/index.php?option=com_blankcomponent&view=default&Itemid=289&lang=en
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications, Education, and Experience: High school diploma or equivalency, preferred. Must be able to read and write English.
Other Skills and Abilities :
- Excellent sensory perception; ability to distinguish differences in taste, smell, vision, and hearing to evaluate the quality of food.
- Maintain punctuality when reporting to work and leaving work.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively.
- Ability to communicate well with residents, their families, and other staff to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Ability to think critically, be detail-oriented, be flexible, work well with peers, work under supervision, handle multiple interruptions, and work on multiple tasks throughout the day.
- Must be able to use initiative and judgment in maintaining assigned area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude; be courteous, compassionate, and respectful to residents, families, and co-workers.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.25 /year
- High school or equivalent