Our agency is seeking a Staff Accountant for a distribution company located in Lacey, WA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Staff Accountant is a valuable member of the Accounting department and supports the company by carrying out accounting duties accurately, timely and efficiently. Duties include preparing journal entries, reconciling bank accounts, reconciling balance sheet accounts, assisting with month-end close, providing support to other members of the Accounting department and following accounting policies and procedures. The successful candidate will have good Excel, 10-key and time management skills as well as be knowledgeable of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the accounting field and be familiar with GAAP.
- Prepare accurate journal entries using correct GL coding and appropriate supporting documentation.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Assist with month end close procedures
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare financial schedules by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information.
- Provide support to Accounts Payable and Senior Staff Accountant
- 2+ years of accounting internship or work experience desired
- Experience in the distribution industry prefered
- Familiarity with accounting best practices, accounting theory and GAAP
- Intermediate Excel skills including use of formulas
- Strong 10-key skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to identify issues and create action plans as needed
- Ability to operate without close supervision and handle deadlines and other pressures
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Distribution: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)