The part-time receptionist - biometrics technician is a hybrid position for the United States Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS) Application Support Center (ASC) operations. As the Receptionist / Biometric Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the location in Buena Park, CA.
The Receptionist / Biometrics Technician primary responsibility is meeting and greeting visitors to the ASC; checking the hands of applicants for open wounds or cuts, distributing the Applicant Information Worksheet (AIW), and checking applicant identification documents to include the initial applicant processing actions; and answering routine inquires for information or referring requests to the appropriate source within the office.
A secondary duty of Biometrics Technician would be needed in completing biometric registration (fingerprints and identity capture) as needed.
Part time employees can be scheduled 20 hours a week depending on authorized staffing and site needs. Additional hours may be needed to assist with higher applicant volume. The candidate for the part time position must be available to work M-F between the hours of 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government issued suitability clearance required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with the general public.
- Ability to stand upright on one's feet for scheduled shift duration, excluding meals and breaks.
- Ability to hold and grasp applicant's hands to obtain quality fingerprints.
- Ability to type and use basic computer programs.