US Vision/ J.C. Penney Optical seeks customer-focused AZ Licensed Optician to manage store in Flagstaff.
We offer competitive pay plus monthly commission and bonus plans, 401K plan, medical and dental benefits and generous store discounts.
- Maintaining high level of customer service
- Achieving sales budget and metric goals
- Entering all data and measurements accurately with attention to detail
- Dispensing and adjusting eyeglasses, taking measurements accurately and using lensometer for eyeglasses and contact lenses to ensure accuracy
- Keeping store visual merchandising plan so store is clean and organized
- Maintaining inventory control
- Supporting the flawless execution of special events and projects
- Properly handling all money-related transactions.
- Verifying and processing all third party insurance payment information
- Using phone to connect with customer for recall project
- Engaging host customer with flyers and making regular PAs
- Training and coaching team to successfully meet customer's vision needs and to exceed customer service expectations
- Communicating and following up with DM regarding store performance and project completion, maintenance issues, and doctor relations.
This position will have access to patient information therefore a high degree of discretion and adhering to all privacy and confidential/propriety company policies and procedures is required (i.e. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, known as HIPAA).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen. Employee is required to stand and walk and use hands and arms. Must be able to move and lift up to 20 pounds. Must be able to stand/walk/sit for increments of 4 hours or more.
- Must be licensed to work as an optician within the State of AZ
- Must keep license up to date and active.
- 2+ years of retail Optical experience; have a drive for results and proven track record in reaching goals.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and desire to engage customers for positive experience
- Able to use computer systems for sales, ordering and timekeeping.
- Polished customer service skills and ability to understand customer's vision needs.
- Capable of resolving customer complaints if they arise, with tact and positive outcomes.
- Must be reliable and punctual in attendance to keep store hours and coverage in the store.
- An interest in fashion eyewear and an eye for style is highly desired.
- Must be flexible for scheduling, and able to work weekends and holidays, as well as special sales events.
Job Type: Full-time
- Optical: 3 years (Required)
- AZ Dispensing Opticians License (Required)
- Store Discounts
Employees working per shift: