Content Marketing Manager
Storyful is looking for an experienced and creative Content Marketing Manager to drive content creation efforts for the company. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role will be responsible for writing, developing and publishing on-brand, goal-driven content specific to each audience and channel to ultimately drive traffic, engagement and leads. You will be responsible for tracking the results of the content marketing efforts to continuously iterate and develop content that is targeted to the audience and supports the company’s marketing and business goals. The ideal candidate will have the right combination of writing, visual communications, project management and technical skills to produce targeted, engaging and creative content pieces for social, blog, press, syndication and marketing campaigns.
- You will be responsible for driving all content creation efforts; owning the whole process from concept to measurement.
- You will be the keeper of all information and should always be knowledgeable of everything that’s happening across the company and industry. You have a strong grasp of the business and can intuitively know how to develop content that connects us to key conversations and increases trust and interest in the company.
- Develop and establish a process from concept development to collaboration with key content contributors to measurement of content performance to continuously iterate and improve effectiveness of content pieces.
- Build and manage a yearly content/editorial calendar with periodic deadlines and campaigns.
- Continuously brainstorm creative editorial and content ideas, establish a plan and execute them.
- Identify relevant topics and write and produce blog posts, thought leadership pieces, whitepapers, guides, reports and articles.
- Ensure messaging is always consistent in voice and on-brand.
- Must know how to tailor content across different channels including social media, blog, podcasts, and email marketing.
- Drive content syndication and develop partnerships with publishers.
- Must know how to measure the results of content marketing efforts and be able to take those stats and turn into actionable insights and learnings to affect new content marketing efforts.
- Must have stellar writing, storytelling and editing skills paired with strong visual communications, project management and technical skills.
- You are an extremely creative person that can generate many many ideas in a strategic and thoughtful way and then execute them quickly and successfully.
- In addition to possessing a high level of creativity and critical thinking, you have strong collaboration, communication, execution and organization skills.
- You can think big picture and conceptually—seeing how all the various content pieces support a larger goal, but also have extreme attention to detail and quality. There is a reason behind developing every content piece and you can track the ROI on each.
- You have experience and knowledge in the media, publishing, and social media industries.
- Perhaps you are a content creator or journalist with a strong marketing branding mindset
- Must understand the basic principles of SEO and optimizing content, content development, distribution, measurement and analysis.
- Excel at creatively telling a story in many ways, incorporating video, graphics and media to drive interest and engagement. Must have a vision for stories.
- Have industry knowledge across social media, marketing/advertising, news/publishing and media.
- Highly collaborative in nature and enjoy working with and developing editorial pieces with team members on a daily basis.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate and develop ideas with content contributors and to get buy-in for campaigns.
- Management experience to work with any necessary consultants/partners including copywriters, designers, videographers and external content contributors.
- Experience working with content marketing software, project management tools, social media management and analytic platforms, email marketing platforms and content management systems. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator) and video-editing software is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will also have a strong design aesthetic with some understanding of design and video editing to develop graphics, creative visuals and video for social, blog and email content.
- 4+ years of content marketing, editorial, social media and email marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or journalism.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year