The primary responsibility of this position is to work within the flight test engineering department to coordinate data processing requirements and execute data processing for various flight test programs and disciplines.
Detailed responsibilities include:
Basic Qualifications:The following experience/qualifications are required:
- Attend test debriefs, perform database data entry, and edit flight cards.- Develop processing methodologies for each phase of testing.
- Ensure execution of the processing plan on a flight by flight basis and delivery of processing results in a timely fashion to each discipline.
- Coordination of post flight processing revisions across various disciplines to ensure the optimum processing flow to minimize data turnaround times and eliminate rework.- Provide other data processing support to Flight Test Engineers.
- Follow up with customers, assess problems that inhibit test execution, and develop and recommend solutions to those problems.
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and existing capabilities and recommend methodologies for addressing shortfalls. Work hours are set by flight test schedule and can be somewhat variable from day to day. Second shift and overtime work are often required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Windows OS.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to think analytically and solve problems, possess good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Must be able to work in small/large teams
- Much of the job will utilize Sikorsky proprietary software; however, strong computer skills are required.
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
- Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
- Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
- Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
- Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
This position is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter flight test program through final operational capability, currently planned no earlier than August 2023*. At the conclusion of the CH-53K flight test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the RMS Sikorsky West Palm Beach facility to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions.
- Based on current test plan schedule.
Familiar with Sikorsky Flight Test
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.