Job Title: Bilingual Workers Compensation Adjuster
Department: Human Resources / Workers’ Comp
Location: Salinas, Imperial Valley California or Remote
Reports To: HR Director & Executive Team
Schedule: Generally M-F 8-5; weekend rotation, evenings and overtime as needed
Amount of Travel Required: 15-20%
Employment Type: Exempt - Salaried
Salary Range: $80,000 to $120,000 Dependent on Experience
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible primarily for the administration of the California Self-Insured WC Program of a large Agricultural Labor Services Company, following standards and procedures for all matters relating to workers’ compensation for multiple states that have first dollar compensation policies (with limited activity). Conducts claim investigations, settlements and litigation. Receives, prepares, handles and stores highly confidential information. This position intersects between in-field safety staff, injured workers, third party administrators, medical care providers, internal company departments such as Accounting to properly code and pay vouchers. Reconciles WC payments once claim has been resolved. Performs a variety of WC administrative tasks. Workforce ranges between 1,500-3,500 personnel depending on the season. The position has a full time administrative assistant for paper records and other non-critical administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers the workers' compensation self-insurance program for the company in California.
- Administers the workers’ compensation program for different states where the company operates.
- Coordinates day to day WC comp. tasks, duties and responsibilities.
- Provides claims data for the employee injury and incident loss runs and maintains CAL OSHA required injury and illness records.
- Responsible for OSIP Self Insurance Reporting, OSHA 300-300A Log tracking
- Postings for each state 5020, 301 and DWC-1 forms in a timely and accurate manner and as needed.
- Provides detailed updates and reports to the HR Director, Manager and Executive Team.
- Provides and arranges training programs relating to workers’ compensation laws, benefits, policies and loss control.
- Conducts WC claims investigations, evaluates and adjusts in accordance with the established claim handling standards and laws.
- Develops and maintains close communication with medical providers that provide services for injured employees and serves as the liaison between medical providers, injured employees and department supervisors.
- Reviews all claim settlements proposed by the third party claims adjusting administrator, prepares for approval.
- Properly identifies and categorizes first aid, non-clinic and personal injuries as investigated.
- Other duties as assigned. This job description is not a complete statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two years experience with the management of Workers’ Compensation claims and self-insured claims administration; or any training, certification and equivalent experiences in related fields.
Bilingual in English and 100% fluent in Spanish required
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and proficiency of workers’ compensation claims management, statues, case law and regulations required.
- Stay informed and up to date of changes that affect the company and agricultural industry.
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks and organize tasks.
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment.
- Proficiency with MS office, Excel and PowerPoint and/or Google platform.
- Position requires travel to the company’s areas of operation, up to and including, overnight travel as needed (85% in office/15% out in the fields.)
Knowledge of Famous software is preferred but not required.
Employees will occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions; wet or humid conditions; work near moving mechanical parts and machines. Work environment will have moderate noise when working in an office environment and loud noise when working in fields.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, including corresponding core job requirements, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and Company policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Salinas, CA 93908