- The Business Development Manager, under the direction of the Director of Business Development, will be responsible for aggressively selling Vancouver-Clark County as a desirable meeting/convention destination resulting in positive economic impact.
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for lead generation, solicitation, qualification and the booking (and re-booking) of meeting and conventions through direct personal sales calls, cold calling, direct mail, familiarization tours, site visits, on- line promotions, bid proposals and trade show participation, etc.
- Qualified applicants for the Business Development Manager must have a minimum three years of successful hotel sales or other relevant sales experience.
OVERVIEW of DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, qualify and manage prospective business opportunities and actively develop and solicit convention and group business with overnight rooms for bookings into Vancouver- Clark County hotel properties and venues.
- The Business Development Manager will be responsible for maintaining relationships with local hotels, venues, meeting planners, association contacts and other related representatives.
- Generate leads; prepare bid proposals; coordinate and conduct bid presentations, and host destination site tours on behalf of Visit Vancouver USA.
- Create and maintain on-going maintenance of CRM with new and qualified accounts and client communications.
- Meet with organizational executives, planners and committees to assist as necessary in the selection of Vancouver-Clark County as a convention destination. Organize, plan and facilitate solicitation trips and site inspections; coordinate meetings between clients and Visit Vancouver USA partners.
- Participate in industry trade shows and conventions; schedule, coordinate and conduct sales blitzes for specific market.
- Achieve Visit Vancouver USA sales goals by actively seeking new conventions and meetings with overnight business and establishing a foundation of repeat business.
- Evaluate competition destinations and properties, understand sales trends, and market to be effective in business development goals.
- Submit ideas to further the exposure of Visit Vancouver USA to meeting planners, through publication ideas, trade show recommendations, client opportunities, sponsorships.
- Instill a sense of collective energy within tourism/hospitality community; ensuring that the group is proactive and effective in developing meeting opportunities for the region.
- Represent Visit Vancouver USA in a professional manner to the industry, clients, community partners and the business community at all times.
- Other duties may be determined and assigned by the Director of Business Development or the President.
- Required three years of successful hotel sales or other relevant sales experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, additional hours as necessary on evenings and /or weekends
- Ability to travel to tradeshows and/or sales trips as required
- Ability to learn office procedures, methods and current computer software and equipment
- Exceptional customer service skills with a track record of exceeding expectations
- Skilled in professional communications including verbal, written, telephone and social media etiquette
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively resolving workload issues
- Ability to understand the organization and operation of Visit Vancouver USA and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities
- Ability to interpret and apply organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to independently prepare correspondence with appropriate English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to type at a speed necessary for successful job performance
- Excellent sales, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cohesive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Skilled in personal and professional organization and time management
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license and reliable presentable vehicle
This position requires the ability to perform those activities to complete the essential functions of the job, either with or without reasonable accommodation. The position requires continuous and/or frequent talking, repetitive motions of hand/wrists, hearing, and handling. Mental activities required by the employee in this position include decision making, interpersonal skills, teamwork, creativity, customer service, use of discretion, problem analysis, negotiation, and the ability to perform math and to read, write, speak and understand English. Required physical activities can include frequent keyboard fingering, talking, repetitive motions of hands and wrists, sitting, hearing and lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying objects up to 35 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: