Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Founded as a Catholic university in 1887, Benedictine University is located in Lisle, Illinois just 25 miles west of Chicago, and has a branch campus in Mesa, Arizona.
We are Catholic. All are welcome. Benedictine University seeks employees who understand and contribute to the University’s mission and vision. Inspired by our Catholic Benedictine mission and identity, our academic community is committed to inclusion. As an institution, we express our commitment to our identity as a Catholic and Benedictine institution through our values as they are manifested throughout the University. As such, all employees are expected to support the University’s Catholic Benedictine mission and identity and to contribute to its distinctive intellectual life in an effort to help each student and each other to thrive academically, professionally, and personally in our religiously and culturally diverse academic community.
Job Title: Office Assistant, Executive Suite
Department: President's Office
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Status: Part-time, non-benefit eligible, hours vary
Position Summary: Manages the front desk by receiving visitors and supporting the daily office operations of the President's and Executive Offices.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Provides support to the President's and Executive Offices with meeting preparations, catering orders, ordering of office and kitchen supplies, answers incoming call, making copies, managing distribution of incoming and outgoing paperwork, setting of appointments, preparation of purchase requisitions, check requisitions and expense reports..
2. Greet and assist all guests, faculty, staff, and students to all offices in the Executive Suite.
3. Receives and distributes mail for the Executive Suite throughout the day.
4. Assist with department mailings and communication.
5. Responsible for the announcement of guest in the Office of the President & Executive Suite.
1. Reviews all incoming mail and paperwork submitted by various departments for proper distribution.
2. Provides support to the President and Executive Offices on special projects.
3. Provides support with room set up and technology aid for meetings in the Office of the President.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
Experience: At least 2 year’s experience or equivalent, proficient in MS Office, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Specific Skills: High degree of confidentiality, ability to prioritize, strong customer service skills
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.