At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Development, the Executive Director of Development is responsible for crafting and implementing the overall plan of Advancement activity for the Driehaus College of Business. This individual will be responsible for setting strategy related to major, planned and principal gift prospects for the College, and crafting a program of activity to ensure a healthy pipeline of donors into the future. In addition to managing a portfolio of high-level prospects for the College, the Executive Director will manage and guide the efforts of the other major gift development officers for the Driehaus College of Business. The Executive Director will also inform strategy for broad-based alumni engagement and build/strengthen volunteer activity across the College. By closely working with the Dean, academic partners and senior Advancement leadership, the Executive Director is expected to play a significant role in setting strategy that will further the philanthropic goals of the Driehaus College of Business.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains a portfolio of high-capacity prospects and primarily focusing on identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts for DePaul.
- Manages and guides development staff for the Driehaus College of Business.
- Develops annual and long-range major gifts fund-raising plans programs based on meeting specific process targets and financial goals.
- Advises and assists with initiatives at the request of the Deans and/or the Associate Vice President of Development; participates, to a reasonable extent, in university-wide activities and initiatives, task forces, and committees; Maintains a commitment to ongoing professional development and education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- 10 years increasingly responsible experience building and managing relationships with individuals of high net worth.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and staffing high-level volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising development staff members.
- Oversees all development staff for the Driehaus College of Business; dotted-line responsibility for Volunteer Coordinator and Alumni Relations officer.
- Oversees Driehaus College of Business development budget.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Polished, professional demeanor and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to develop relationships with colleagues across all areas of Advancement and the ability to work successfully with a wide variety of colleagues.
- Enthusiasm, a commitment to excellence, motivational ability, and the ability to successfully interact with high net-worth individuals and their families.
- Comfortable operating independently and taking initiative within the context of team-based, collaborative environment.
- Ability to develop and organize long-term plans and execute those plans.
- An awareness and an understanding of the values of higher education and the University's mission.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Position requires some travel and occasional evening and weekend work for events and donor meetings.