The Cranberry LLC
2700 Cranberry Square Morgantown, West Virginia
TITLE: Housekeeper REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper
FSLA STATUS: DEPARTMENT: Housekeeping
PREPARED BY: DATE:
I. SUMMARY STATEMENT
II. The housekeeper is responsible for upholding the company’s cleanliness standards of all guest rooms and common areas located in the hotel.
No direct reports
% of Time
III. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Cleaning Responsibilities 90%
Change and replace all bed linens and towels. (Essential)
Sanitize and clean all restrooms.
Dust/wipe down all room surfaces including but not limited to windows, pictures, mirrors, electronics, appliances, and furniture.
Vacuum/mop all floors.
Restock all room amenities.
Assure all rooms are set up to company standards.
Cleans and maintains personal workstation by properly stocking it with sheets, towels, amenities, etc.
Guest Service Ongoing
Offers guests assistance whenever possible.
Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
Must respond to and follow-up on all guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations.
Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
Other Duties as Assigned 20%
Completes daily housekeeping report
Informs the Executive Housekeeper or Front Desk staff when rooms are ready for new customers.
Reports any maintenance, security, or safety issues to the appropriate staff.
IV. SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
Previous housekeeping experience highly preferred.
Ability to efficiently work under time constraints.
Superior customer service skills.
Ability to work with cleaning chemicals.
Must be able to lift, push, and pull 25-50 pounds frequently.
Able to work a flexible schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- housekeeping/cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- hotel housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morgantown, WV 26508 (Preferred)
- driver's license (Preferred)
Must have your own supplies and equipment:
Bedrooms to clean:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible