The position will provide the timely delivery of high quality Level 1 technical services & support to all internal and external clients.
Help Desk Manager
Full-Time: Monday – Friday 8-5 PM+ (additional hours as needed for the deliverables of the position)
VGM Main Campus, Waterloo, IA.
VGM Group, Inc. is 100% employee owned. As an employee of VGM individuals receive:
- Gifted Employee Stock Ownership,
- 401k and ROTH 401k with up to 3% company match,
- Health Benefits, HSA options - single to family, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Term Life and Voluntary Life Insurance., Flexible Spending Account,
- Paid maternity and paternity leave,
- Free Walk-in Clinic to all employees & family members regardless of carrying VGM Insurance,
- PTO (Paid Time Off),
- LifeLock Identity Theft Management,
- Paid holidays.
These are the responsibilities expected of an applicant interested in this position.
· Provide laptop and desktop PC support for on and off-site users with equipment running Windows operating systems integrated with Active Directory.
· Provide exceptional customer service and Helpdesk support via phone, email and in person for end users of equipment described above, including support of various in-house applications.
· Provide PC system image creation, maintenance and troubleshooting supporting Windows 10.
· Install and test computer equipment including, but not limited to, desktops, laptops, monitors, memory chips, cabling, and accessories.
· User account and email creation utilizing Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
· Diagnosis and resolution of all PC support issues including but not limited to hardware failures, operating system errors, software compatibility issues, printing issues, and network connectivity.
· Identify and escalate complex problem reports or service requests to next tier of support as appropriate.
· Complete work order tickets, including ticket creation at the time of initial problem report/service request, status documentation of open work orders, and proactively informing users of progress.
· Provide conference room support including but not limited to troubleshooting A/V equipment, assisting initial setup of meetings utilizing WebEx and Skype for Business.
· Provide assistance with the relocation and implementation of user IT equipment.
· Meet service request SLAs and project timelines.
· Knowledge of ticketing system Service Desk Plus.
· Update and monitor income tickets, update assigned tickets and resolve tickets in a timely manner.
· Work with other team members to ensure the timely completion of complex issues.
· Provide support for other company issued equipment such as cell phones, tablets, etc.
· Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and products provided by IT.
Applicants are expected to meet these qualifications to be considered for this position.
AAS Computer / Network degree in IT related field or equivalent work experience, 0 - 2 yrs. Experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Minimum of (1-2) years of professional experience in areas of end-user support and maintenance of PC hardware and software in a Windows environment.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must have high-energy work ethic and be available to work non-standard hours.
- Must be organized, have attention to detail, and be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Proficiency with both using and maintaining MS Office suites.
- General understanding and experience with general TCP/IP connectivity issues
- Ability to work with end users with varying levels of technical experience.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Available for periodic on-call and after-hours support including weekends.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- General office environment
- Business casual
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs