8. Achieve established department goals consistent with Corporate and division/group/function objectives.
9. Manage employee/labor relations with the goal of creating and maintaining a culture of accountability, continuous improvement and mutual respect.
10. Administer Company sponsored benefit programs (i.e., tuition, relocation, FMLA, etc). Resource to assist employees regarding all benefits.
11. Administer Human Resource data base and related records, including local training records.
12. Maintain company’s commitment to a Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace.
13. May provide corporate leadership for a specific HR Program, in addition to Division/ Function/Location HR role.
14. May be responsible for employee immigration matters, consulting with legal counsel as appropriate.
15. Partners with all other shared services functions such as Quality, Engineering, Finance, and IT to ensure program/goal alignment. This includes leadership, support and partnership for EH&S and CBS in particular.
16. Engage in continuous improvement for processes included in and adjacent to job role. Recognize and resolve customer satisfaction issues (both internal and external).
17. Follow safe work practices by attending all required EH&S training, reporting safety incidents and near misses on a timely basis and maintaining the goal of “zero” lost time incidents.
Key Performance Indicators
Time to Hire
Cost to Hire
Turnover (voluntary and involuntary)
Succession Plan Bench strength
Internal Hire percentage for non-entry level positions
Adherence to Onboarding Program
Adherence to Training Plan
Agreed upon Associate Engagement Metrics
Others to be developed annually aligned with goals and objectives
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, labor relations, human resource management or related field
- Proven ability to work within values based organization model
- Five years of human resources generalist experience
- Expertise in staffing both professional and operations roles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven change management skills
- Results-oriented consistent with values based leadership
- Strong interpersonal and team development skills
- Strong project/program management skills
- Analytical/data driven approach to problem solving
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- An effective level of business literacy including finance and short and long range planning
- Strong conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong, trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Master’s degree in related field
- Professional certification (PHR, SPHR)
- Additional HR and business certifications – Six Sigma/Lean, Coaching, Assessment Tools, etc.
- Industrial relations experience
- Experience in an HRIS, such as Softscape, ADP Enterprise, or Peoplesoft.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement organization culture