This Star Studio Promotions Coordinator is a highly creative, artistic position that promotes Star Studio's image, programs and activities. This position creates on-air promotions, promotional materials; collaborates with the Star Studio Producer/Production Specialist to engage volunteer on-air talent through outreach initiatives; maintains Children's brand standards for hard copy, broadcast, social media, and web; coordinates promotions for Star Studio special events internally and externally; and develops and maintains the Star Studio promotional plan. This position requires a highly motivated person who can self-direct, work effectively in groups, and lead projects. Requires a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, and the ability to work at both Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses.
* Three or more years experience in promotions and advertising, graphic design for television production, preferably at a television production house or station, cable and/or agency required.
* Bachelor's degree in communications, graphic design, or related field required. In addition to the experience required, relevant experience may substitute for education on a year for year basis.
* Highly creative and able to bring fresh ideas for promotions and programming.
* Ability to use design tools, equipment and computer programs to execute electronic design work.
* Participate in editing and post-production sessions to ensure that graphic design is properly placed and executed.
* Ability to write clear, conversational and compelling promotional copy.
* Ability to produce fresh promotional material daily under tight deadlines.
* Ability to work with limited supervision.
* Ability to maintain a positive work environment by leading by example.
* Ability to use social media outlets for story promotion and public interaction.
* Attention to detail.
* Must be technically astute, highly organized and consistently meet tight deadlines.