The Asthma & Airway Disease Research Center (A2DRC) is recruiting an Office Assistant to provide office support for the day-to-day operations, including routine clerical functions and word processing duties.
The A2DRC is led by Fernando D. Martinez, MD. Since the 1970’s the A2DRC has conducted interdisciplinary research and translational medicine that integrates clinical medicine with epidemiology, immunology, genetics, epigenetics, pharmacology and cutting edge technology in order to understand and treat airway disease. The center’s mission is to improve our understanding of the risk factors, natural history, biology and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers telephone and greets visitors giving general information in response to inquiries; delivers messages to unit members.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail.
- File correspondence, reports and other materials alphabetically, numerically or by other prescribed method.
- Operate various office equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of office telephone etiquette.
- Skill in reading, spelling and simple arithmetic.
- Skill in basic filing and record keeping.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including, personal computers, telephones and copiers.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
Please see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
No prior experience required.
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Clerical and Office
Posted Rate of Pay
$10.50 - $13.48 Per Hour, DOE