The Retail Sales Representative owns and delivers sales for their overall territory by developing relationships with store managers/personnel to achieve directed short and long-term performance objectives. This is achieved with a focus on delivering the overall value of retail to include Sales, Displays, New Items and Core Distribution. Along with assigned broker merchandiser, owns the overall Nestle relationship at the retail level to include store deployment and execution. Activities center on wall-to-wall sales coverage of Nestlé items, including systemic problem solving related to out of stocks, new item speed to shelf, share of shelf, price compliance, promotion selling and providing direction to dedicated broker partners. Responsible for overall territory business planning to ensure meeting and exceeding client objectives.
Selling Incremental Volume (55% of the time)
- Selling Incremental Volume
- Sell promotional surveys for displays
- Sell incremental quantities for display and obtain maximum support for promoted product
- Sell additional product based on opportunities observed
- Interfaces with targeted store-level/district-level Retail Operations personnel to create and execute business reviews that drive volume
- Manages expenditure of financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner
- May sell new items and promotions at indirect accounts.
Selling Improved Store Pricing (10% of the time)
- Ensures compliance to pricing guidelines at retail level
- Reports competitive price changes and promotional support
- Resolves competitive pricing issues.
Selling Improved Inventory and Retail Shelf Conditions along with dedicated Broker Merchandiser (20% of the time)
- Identify and correct voids
- Ensure new items are available
- Merchandise products to obtain schematic compliance
- Pack out shelves, rotate products, manage unsellable product
- Resolve systemic problems related to out-of-stocks and voids
- Monitors shelf to ensure share of shelf
Communications with Store Personnel (15% of the time)
- Develops and maintains proper relations with department/store level personnel within territory in order maximize sales results
- Communicates competitive and market insights from the retail level to NROC management
Other Duties as Assigned
Retail Sales Manager
Retail Store Managers/Personnel
Center of Excellence
Retail Sales Director
Manager of Walmart Operations
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Achievement of scorecard objectives weighted against peer results.
o Sales volume
o Expanded distribution
o Traited Distribution
o Promotion sales
o New item speed to shelf
- Compliance with directed store call procedures.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS (ABILITY, KNOWLEDGE):
- Ability to learn the role and responsibilities of the position.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to solve common problems experienced in a retail environment.
- Selling skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Power Point, Word and Access and e-mail.
- Knowledge of Nestlé brands and products.
- Knowledge of retail customer operations.
- Knowledge of NROC organizational structure.
- Ability to analyze financial, inventory, retail conditions and/or other data to determine appropriate selling approach.
- Ability to learn and utilize customer technology in everyday job functions.
- Ability to manage tasks in a time conscious manner achieving coverage goals.
- Ability to manage within a financial budget.
- BS/BA desired; or equivalent
- 0-2 years sales related and/or consumer product goods experience preferred
- High interest in sales
- Valid Drivers License
- Some overnight travel required – 1 or 2 nights per month on average
- Varied work week, may include evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to lift and carry 55 pounds
- Certification on customer technology where applicable
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.