Here at Econometrica, we tackle challenges with rigorous research and strategy. Whether examining policies to provide the best patient care, rebuilding housing communities, or analyzing the merits of space exploration, we apply hard work and dedication to each of our projects. No matter how different each project is, one thing remains constant—we dedicate ourselves to providing the highest quality service and technical expertise to our clients.
As a Junior Staff Associate in the Health Group, you will join our interdisciplinary team that includes doctoral and masters-level experts in the fields of public health, public policy, social sciences, economics, and data science. This role is critical to our client engagements; the Junior Staff Associate will work on a wide variety of projects. Main responsibilities will include administrative duties, such as meeting minutes, preliminary research, and project coordination. These key responsibilities require a strong attention to detail and timely completion. Strong organization, communication, and analytical skills are key to successful performance in our matrixed environment.
- Manage multiple projects, priorities, and tasks through effective time management, communication on workload, and delegation, as necessary.
- Facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing using SharePoint and other relevant applications.
- Perform minutes and note-taking responsibilities.
- Perform moderately complex work on projects of varying size, under the direction of senior staff.
- Develop reports for the client(s) using Microsoft Excel with an understanding of pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.
- Contribute to business development efforts by performing coordination tasks.
- Provide support with business development by conducting research on the client, developing solutions that demonstrate an understanding of the client’s needs, and writing clear, compelling, high-quality proposal responses to RFIs and RFPs.
What You Bring to the Table
- Great attention to detail.
- Timely completion of tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work in a dynamic team environment and the ability to work on multiple projects with a flexible mindset.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently, as well as work within a team structure.
- Ability to assess a situation to determine what needs to be done and act without intensive oversight; able to follow a problem through to a successful resolution.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with team members, clients, and other stakeholders.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in research, analysis, or equivalent types of work.
Our Generous Benefits Package Includes
- Being a part of a dynamic research group.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Company-sponsored health care plan and optional vision/dental coverage.
- Discount health club membership.
- Metro SmartBenefits® Program.
- Discount garage parking.
- Referral bonuses.
This position is full-time remote, though candidates may choose to work in Econometrica’s office. Our office is located in beautiful downtown Bethesda, MD. We are located at a Metro stop within walking distance of great restaurants and local fare. We have a typical office setting with a quiet-to-moderate noise level.
The physical requirements are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Other instructions and related duties may be assigned by the employee’s supervisor.
Econometrica, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives.