Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Monarch Job Description Acknowledgment
Job Title: Developmental Specialist Sleepover
Job Type: LTSS-Residential Category: Human Services Job Exposure Level: I HIPAA Level: I, II, V, VI
Job Purpose: Primarily responsible for supporting people to achieve their personal dreams and goals. Sleepover at a residential setting is required.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assess each person receiving services for their hopes, dreams, and desires and provide supports that facilitate achievement.
2. Support people receiving services in developing relationships in their community and with their natural supports. 3. Assist people receiving services in participating fully in their community consistent with the person’s interests.
4. Ensure that the rights of each person receiving services are protected and promoted at all times. Assist people in developing advocacy skills, participating in advocacy efforts, and utilizing personal advocates.
5. Provide support as needed to meet the emotional, physical, and medical needs of each person supported.
6. Facilitate person-centered, effective, positive relationships with people receiving services using positive approaches that promote self-determination in all areas of life.
7. Provide input and recommendations into assessment and planning processes, and development of the individual’s plan. 8. Implement person’s plan fully, within the requirements of the service definition, and document as required by the service definition and agency policy. Accurately complete all required documentation, including but not limited to, goal completion, actions toward outcomes, incident reports, timesheets, etc.
9. Complete daily progress notes and communication log to assure appointments, goals, and interests are met.
10. Attend and actively participate in meetings and training as required. Maintain certification in all agency, state and federal training requirements.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures, as well as state and federal statutes and regulations related to specific program areas.
12. Assist people receiving services with the day-to-day operation of their home such as housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, shopping, lawn care, vehicle cleanliness, and maintenance.
13. Assist people receiving services during late night hours on occasion.
14. Drive and travel as required. Arrange for, or provide transportation to people receiving services as required.
15. Assist people receiving services with knowledge of emergency procedures and personal safety. Utilize effective judgment when dealing with safety issues, including but not limited to fire safety by conducting drills, inspecting equipment, and practicing safety procedures in the community.
16. Assist new staff and/or current staff with orientation, mentoring, and training.
17. Follow service definition guidelines for services being provided.
18. Complete all other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Graduate of College of Direct Supports preferred.
3. At least one year of supervised experience in working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
4. Experience with behavioral, emotional and medical issues with persons with developmental disabilities.
5. Valid North Carolina Driver License.
Self help, basic learning, independent living.
Lift at least 50lbs, bend, stoop, reach.
Must be able to tolerate heat and humidity
Frequently change routine in a positive manner.
Follow through on assignments independently.
Must have good organizational skills.
Build positive relationships with people supported
Work output must be at a competitive level.
Must be able to solve problems as they arise.
Have stable work behaviors on a daily basis.
Must have adequate individual coping skills.
Must be able to maintain good work attendance.
Must be able to participate in decision-making.
Respond appropriately to emergency situations.
Use good judgement for a safe work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour